A Tiger Force Hornet

Started by NARSES2, September 05, 2022, 06:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Everytime I read this thread the temptation for a Hornet gets stronger and just me I'm going with temptation but it's like all of a sudden the bloody model has turned into hens teeth .
The Navel version is out there..now and then and when it is I don't have the coin for it ..next week I have to buy a flea collar for my car . A $68nz purchase and that's the cheapest working brand one I could find..don't look at the Chinese ones..there crap.
So I'll bet ya that next week there will be one out there  :banghead:
This will end up in the pile  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 27, 2023, 01:24:41 PM..next week I have to buy a flea collar for my car

:unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Chris, I'd love to see a pic before she's finished but I understand photo's can be difficult to find space for when building. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Cat..my car is fine ..she had one already   :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 27, 2023, 01:24:41 PMEverytime I read this thread the temptation for a Hornet gets stronger and just me I'm going with temptation but it's like all of a sudden the bloody model has turned into hens teeth .
The Navel version is out there

Avoid the Special Hobby ones as they are dreadful, serious shape and fit issues.  The naval ones do not have the bulges for the wing fold actuators or even the bloody hinge fold line!

Magna had a decent stab but started from a warmed over frog kit as a master.  Frog old and crude but typically a nice build.  AZ has some issues with the nacelles that look very undernourished. 
Best is the Skybirds '86 kit, but they are hard to find, expensive when you do and challenging builds.  Some minor errors but look spot on when finished.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

I'm trying to get my hands on a Hobbyboss 48th job ...oh and a trumpeter Westland Whirlwind  ;D
Those are my top 2 twin engined aircraft on my most wanted list .

The Wooksta!

Try and get the Dynavector vac form. The Trumbyboss Hornet has lots of issues.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 27, 2023, 06:30:08 PMChris, I'd love to see a pic before she's finished but I understand photo's can be difficult to find space for when building. :thumbsup:

Your wish etc, etc  ;D

You cannot view this attachment.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

NARSES2

Cheers, just adds a bit of colour
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

That is one good looking machine... :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 28, 2023, 06:01:17 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on April 27, 2023, 06:30:08 PMChris, I'd love to see a pic before she's finished but I understand photo's can be difficult to find space for when building. :thumbsup:

Your wish etc, etc  ;D

You cannot view this attachment.

The DH Hornet must be the most effortlessly elegant warplane ever. 

Before anyone says anything I know I'll be burned at the stake for putting above the Spitfire and Mosquito.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Hornet has always been one of my favourite aircraft. Also always liked the Whirlwind when it comes to twins. Must open one of the Special Hobby boxes one day  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on April 28, 2023, 06:36:56 AMThe DH Hornet must be the most effortlessly elegant warplane ever. 

Before anyone says anything I know I'll be burned at the stake for putting above the Spitfire and Mosquito.

I'm with you there Dave, much more elegant than a Mossie for sure, and sleeker than any Spitfire variant to my mind.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Thanks, Chris! :thumbsup:

She seems to be coming along well, & the cockpit does look nice! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Favourite twin-engine (prop) fighters, no particular order:  Beaufighter, Whirlwind, P-38 Lightning, Mosquito.

Hornet & F7F Tigercat don't enter the picture because they both seem "wrong" in one way or another that I can't quite place but is enough to bump them from the list.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 28, 2023, 08:28:07 AMFavourite twin-engine (prop) fighters, no particular order:  Beaufighter, Whirlwind, P-38 Lightning, Mosquito.

Hornet & F7F Tigercat don't enter the picture because they both seem "wrong" in one way or another that I can't quite place but is enough to bump them from the list.

Although i do like the ones you like, the Tigercat and Hornet are my favorite twin engine prop fighters... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"