Facebook Group - Fantasy Kit World

Started by rickshaw, September 10, 2022, 12:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Looks like a period (Korean War) correct British infantryman.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 27, 2023, 07:33:33 AMLooks like a period (Korean War) correct British infantryman.

And looks like a Ron Volstad illustration... maybe a proposed/unreleased Dragon figure set?

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2023, 02:44:24 AMYes, that's a No. 4 for certain, the later version Lee Enefield with the exposed barrel etc. I used to fire them, a lot.................
Kit one of the best condition LEs I've fired was a immaculate No.4 ..it's like it was brand new ..at the same place I put 30rds..6 clips.. thru a extremely rare No.4 ..a factory built sniper variant.
That was a real treat 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2023, 02:44:24 AMYes, that's a No. 4 for certain, the later version Lee Enefield with the exposed barrel etc. I used to fire them, a lot.................
Have you ever fired a Pattern 14?
I have an Eddystone Arsenal (Remington Arms Company of Delaware) manufactured P14.
It was sporterized at some time before my Dad purchased it, but luckily all they did was
modify the stock, they didn't shorten the barrel, so I was able to replace the stock with a
US M1917 stock. The M1917 is basically a P14 in .30-06 rather than .303. 

It's a fairly accurate rifle and would be better if I dialed it in properly. Which probably will
never happen as the majority of US gun-ranges are no longer enjoyable places to visit.
:-\

PR19_Kit

No I haven't, but a few of the guys at Bisley swore by them in the 60s. The Brit Army imported them through Canada during WWII didn't they? Not sure why but I heard that mentioned a few times.

The No. 4 I used was a T model, with Parker Hale sights and a properly bedded barrel. I think the T was the 'sniper variant' at the time.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2023, 03:01:14 PMNo I haven't, but a few of the guys at Bisley swore by them in the 60s. The Brit Army imported them through Canada during WWII didn't they? Not sure why but I heard that mentioned a few times.

The No. 4 I used was a T model, with Parker Hale sights and a properly bedded barrel. I think the T was the 'sniper variant' at the time.
Yes, over 300,000 M1917 were supplied to the British Commonwealth. Most were issued to Home Guard and training units.
They were marked with a red band in service to indicate that they were not .303 caliber

A good history is here:
THE UK PATTERN 1913, PATTERN 1914, and THE US MODEL OF 1917; A Short History of the "American Enfield"

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

NARSES2

I'd love that Australian Light Horse set  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

jcf

rickshaw

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

rickshaw

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng