Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on January 14, 2023, 10:51:13 AM
Quote from: Gondor on January 14, 2023, 10:48:04 AMAsk and you shall receive

Shorts Belfast

I have one and it's BIG

Not built it yet

Gondor

As it's resin, do you need to reinforce the floor joists in the modelling room before you start work on it?

More likely the living room as I will need the space. They also do a Beverly in 1/72 for the same price.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on January 14, 2023, 10:48:04 AMAsk and you shall receive

Shorts Belfast

I have one and it's BIG

Not built it yet

Gondor

I'm a coward as it comes to resin kits. Stupid, really. And I'm tempted. But £175, while possibly being material cost most of it, is tough, in particular as I have to pay another 30% on top because of Boris.  :-\
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

There is also this Shorts Belfast if you can find it. It's what the resin model is based on.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

jcf

The fuselage breakdown on that resin Belfast doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. 

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 14, 2023, 05:34:37 AMI'd bet money that someone has built a flying one, with six ducted fans, that's even larger!
There's at least this flying AN-225, with two turbines and four electric ducted fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHhxisZvLsU

McColm

You can always buy the 1/144 scale Beverly and Belfast.

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on January 14, 2023, 11:03:28 AMI'm a coward as it comes to resin kits. Stupid, really.

I know many people are wary of resin kits, but there's no need to be. Some of  the better ones can be can be an easier build then a lot of mainstream kits, just don't start with Unicraft  :angel:  One of the smaller Planet or Anigrand kits are good starting points as long as you are interested in the subject  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

rickshaw

rickshaw

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

McColm

Quote from: rickshaw on February 17, 2023, 05:17:33 AM
There's the 3D printed  fabricated 1/72 ,1/48 and  1/32 scale as well selling through eBay from Japan. If its anything like the 1/72 3D printed H.S. Andover AEW prototype which I have (whiffed with Eerrieye antenna and not the original landing , nor are the propellers and FLIR), its very rough plastic with thin metal rods to hold the parts together.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

I thought F-RSIN did a Deux Ponts, and it turns out that they do, five versions of it fact, but it's in 1/144 scale.

Still big though!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on February 17, 2023, 05:11:42 AM

Oh please, oh please  :wub:

Oddly enough I was talking to Lee about this very aircraft the other day
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.