Facebook Group - Fantasy Kit World

Started by rickshaw, September 10, 2022, 12:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 18, 2023, 06:57:17 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 18, 2023, 03:12:45 AMShould have British engines.  Darts? or something more powerful?

Pythons! They're the answer to almost everything.  ;D

In the RW they might have used Centauruses of course.

I've actually got a Neptune and a pair of Wyvern Python-donors.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on February 20, 2023, 10:19:39 AMRoman: Walks into a bar, "I'll have a martinus please".
Bartender: "Do you mean martini"?
Roman: "No, just one for now".

Duly passed on to two ladies on Twitter who are fond of Romans and Latin. I may need your address, nearest hospital and blood type later...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Gondor

Quote from: Weaver on February 25, 2023, 09:59:53 AM
Quote from: Gondor on February 20, 2023, 10:19:39 AMRoman: Walks into a bar, "I'll have a martinus please".
Bartender: "Do you mean martini"?
Roman: "No, just one for now".

Duly passed on to two ladies on Twitter who are fond of Romans and Latin. I may need your address, nearest hospital and blood type later...

That was from Google when I was checking on the spelling used in Life Of Brian. I don't know my asinus de cubito as far as Latin is concerned   :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

rickshaw

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 25, 2023, 05:46:39 AMNow there's an image that takes me back to my childhood  :thumbsup:

While I was in Newcastle last week the local news was full of a dispute between the guy who's been restoring Bluebird K7 the hydroplane in which Campbell was killed for the last 7 years or so in South Shields and the museum at Conistone Water over the ownership of her. Lawyers involved so the public won't get to see her again for a while  :-\

Plumbing the depths of marine salvage law (pun intended)?

I remember Camphell both dying and his record attempt on Lake Eyre (although I always thought he made it on Lake Torrens).  The image is very evocative to me as well...   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Gondor

Quote from: Weaver on February 25, 2023, 09:59:53 AMI may need your address, nearest hospital and blood type later...

If I don't supply my address then there will be no need for the location of the nearest Hospital or my Blood type, unless the ladies are friendly and single  :angel:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on February 26, 2023, 01:36:06 AM
Quote from: Weaver on February 25, 2023, 09:59:53 AMI may need your address, nearest hospital and blood type later...

If I don't supply my address then there will be no need for the location of the nearest Hospital or my Blood type, unless the ladies are friendly and single  :angel:

Gondor

Since it'd be my hospital and blood type at issue if I didn't provide it, there's a distinct possibility that my efforts to discover your address may well continue and become more 'creative' despite your refusal to supply it... :wacko:  ;)

- Indiana Jones

Gondor

Quote from: Weaver on February 26, 2023, 02:50:03 AMSince it'd be my hospital and blood type at issue if I didn't provide it, there's a distinct possibility that my efforts to discover your address may well continue and become more 'creative' despite your refusal to supply it... :wacko:  ;)

I'll narrow it dow a bit for you. Somewhere in Scotland  ;D

Gondor

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on February 26, 2023, 04:20:00 AM
Quote from: Weaver on February 26, 2023, 02:50:03 AMSince it'd be my hospital and blood type at issue if I didn't provide it, there's a distinct possibility that my efforts to discover your address may well continue and become more 'creative' despite your refusal to supply it... :wacko:  ;)

I'll narrow it dow a bit for you. Somewhere in Scotland  ;D

Gondor

I fear you may have just doomed all of Scotland...

- Indiana Jones

rickshaw

rickshaw

PR19_Kit

LOVE that Napier Railton!  :thumbsup:

That would have been as huge a kit as the Bluebird too. 
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Eyston's Thunderbolt would be 11 7/16" in 1/32nd, in the original configuration. The kit would have
come with optional noses to do the various configurations: original nose, extended nose with smaller
radiator opening, fully faired without radiator opening, original carb intakes and later enlarged intakes
plus the option to build it with or without the tailfin.

O course, the full chassis structure, running gear and the pair of Rolls-Royce "R" engines would have
been included. The airbrakes as well, many years later someone would have released a photo-etch set
for the airbrakes to replace the thickly moulded originals.
:wacko:

https://oldmachinepress.com/2020/07/05/eyston-thunderbolt-land-speed-record-car/

You cannot view this attachment.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Rheged

Should you build this Airfix Victor, you will find that it lasts much longer than the actual car, rust being what it is.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet