Fokker F-30 Transport

Started by TomZ, September 25, 2022, 10:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Fokker F-30 Transport

The Fokker F-30 is a heavy-duty transporter aircraft designed and built for the Royal Dutch Air Force (KLu). The Fokker F-30 is 250 feet (76 m) long with a wingspan of 180 feet (55 m) and a height of 60 feet (18 m). A long-range craft, it is capable of reaching anywhere in the world without refueling and has a maximum speed of 6,000 miles per hour (9,700 km/h), which is roughly Mach 7.82 (but cruises at 2,000 miles per hour (3,200 km/h), roughly Mach 2.6).  The F-30 first flew in 2060 and the Dutch Air Force ordered 20 of the aircraft for their own use.

The Dutch military uses the F-30 to transport its tanks to their operation deployment areas. Initially meant to take a new generation of tanks, shortage of funds meant that the new Dutch tank was cancelled and the Leopard II remained the main battle tank for the Dutch army.

Owing to it's advanced design there was a lot of international interest in the Fokker F-30. The US Air Force ordered 200 of the type as the Fokker C-50 Thunderbird.
Other customers are the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and India.

Model: 1/350 kit by AIP.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Old Wombat

How could I not like my favourite Thunderbird, in any guise? :unsure:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Hobbes

PR19_Kit

Outstanding! I can just see a whole line of them along the tree line at Volkel!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

comrade harps

Not what l was expecting to see  :blink:

Nicely done.

l would never had picked it for a hypersonic!
Whatever.

Old Wombat

Quote from: comrade harps on September 28, 2022, 08:22:58 PMl would never had picked it for a hypersonic!

One of those times when brute force & ignorance overcome subtlety & science. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Paper Kosmonaut

Kekke machine! Looking great, Tom.
dei t dut mout t waiten!

The Rat

That's just magnificent! My RCAF one is stalled at the moment, yet another paint disaster.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr