Messerschmitt Me-410 D-5

Started by TomZ, September 25, 2022, 10:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Messerschmitt Me-410 D-5

In 1942 Messerschmitt began a series of designs based on the Me-410B. The C model was meant as a high altitude fighter and featured longer span wings air engines that were contained in a single unit including cooling in a universal mount, which made it easier to equip the aircraft with different types of engines.

The D model was a simpler redesign of the Me-410D which featured the new power plant lay-out but retained the wings of the B model. This did mean that the radiators were removed from the underside of the wings which gave the aircraft a much cleaner wing and less drag.

The first D series aircraft flew in 1944 and a number of variants were produced. The D-5 first flew in 1945 and was a night fighter, equipped with two Junkers Jumo 213 engines and a FuG-240 N5 Berlin Y Radar. Only 63 Me-410 D-5s were built as they were quickly replaced in service by the Me-262B-2 Jet night fighter.

Model: 1/48 Revell Me-410 with engines from a Revell Ta-154

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

That's a cool conversion package. :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Pellson

Ugly, compared to the elegant DB603-engined  Me 410B's, but dead cool! Brutish!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Good job.   :thumbsup:

Engines go well, but that nose... :blink:  :blink:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

The nose makes sense, even if it rather looks like a Beaufighter (?) donor. But the late FuG 240 radar that went into a few Ju 88 night fighters had a parabolic dish that fitted under this type of radome. Ugly, but realistic.  :lol:

NARSES2

That's really come out well Tom  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Top marks Tom..always liked the 410 for its sleek design  and you ruined that with those engines and that nose and for all the better  :thumbsup:
Using the TA-152 engines should give it a pretty serious power upgrade and I like that even more  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

stevehed

Like it. In my younger days I had a thing for German night fighters.

NARSES2

Quote from: stevehed on September 26, 2022, 03:55:34 PMLike it. In my younger days I had a thing for German night fighters.

Same here.

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on September 26, 2022, 12:40:51 PMTop marks Tom..always liked the 410 for its sleek design  and you ruined that with those engines and that nose and for all the better

I actually think it looks better with those engines, more purposeful. The nose however is a different matter  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Have to admit Chris I do like I with the 152s engines..even tho the 410 is a sleek plane those engines don't make it look worse..they still fit with its shape..the nose tho  :lol:
And besides I'd sell my sisters soul to get a 48th Ta -152..but apparently you can't sell it twice  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

comrade harps

Whatever.

royabulgaf

Great job, it looks realistic.  Not so much a what if, but "Are you sure they didn't?"
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year