Lasco Labrador: Finished Pics pg 5.

Started by zenrat, September 27, 2022, 04:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Gloss black paint on the cowling today as an undercoat for Alclad.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Very nearly finished.  I should write some words.
I managed to snap a prop blade off again so I have found a replacement.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Wardukw

Keep at it mate..can't wait to see this  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Lasco Labrador.

Lasco Labrador - 11 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

After returning from the First World War Herbert Joseph Larkin, a fighter pilot with the Royal Flying Corps, and his brother Reg Larkin formed an agency for Sopwith aircraft.  The company was formed in 1919 as the Larkin-Sopwith Aviation Company of Australia Limited, manufacturing aircraft components.  The original company went into liquidation and Herbert Larkin then started the Larkin Aircraft Supply Company (known as Lasco) in 1921.  In 1925 the company produced copies of the Avro 504K.  The company also produced under-licence the de Havilland Gipsy Moth and one de Havilland DH.50 biplane.  It also designed and built a number of aircraft including the Lasco Lascoter (in 1929 the first all-metal aircraft to be built in Australia), the Labrador, and the Lurcher (named not for the breed but for it's unfortunate handling characteristics).

Lasco Labrador - 17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Labrador was a single seat monoplane scout built from 1926 and marketed to air forces in Central and South America, Asia, and Africa.  Venezuela was one of the few customers, buying enough to equip a couple of squadrons.

Lasco Labrador - 2 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Eschewing the ridiculous new-fangled concept of camouflage Venezuela's Labradors were painted in the colours of the national flag – Yellow, Blue, and Red.  After all, a man didn't hide from his enemies, he stood up erect and faced them proudly and openly with his weapon in his hand and clothed in the flag of his nation.
Unfortunately no one had explained the concept of combate aéreo machista to the RAF units stationed in British Guiana and they destroyed most of the easily spotted Labradors on the ground during one of the regular border squabbles about Guayana Esequiba.

Lasco Labrador - 10 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Lascos last design was the three-engined Lascondor. Withdrawal of government subsidy, and economic depression, caused the company to shut in the 1930s.

Lasco Labrador - 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model.
Airfix Henschel Hs 123.
Wings from Airfix Gloster Gladiator (upper wing, cut in half).
Undercarriage from Academy Ju 87G (suitably modified).
Prop from a parts box.  Origin unknown.
Fred

Wardukw

Absolute work of art Fred..beautiful work and paint.
Top freaking notch matey  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Just grab the shades ... :mellow:

What Phill said! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

loupgarou

It would make a beautiful racing plane!
I am anxiously waiting for the Lascondor.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

ericr

Tophe

I understand ericr like these colors, like a model made by himself with such colors as signature ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

DogfighterZen

What a rainbow!   ;) Very nice work, Fred. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

zenrat

Hmmmm, rainbow...

Thanks folks.  Hope I didn't damage anyone's eyesight.
Fred

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

jcf

Very nice.  :thumbsup:

Gives the famous Cuban Curtiss Hawk II a run for its money.

;)
You cannot view this attachment.