Main Menu

Logistics GB Rules

Started by NARSES2, September 29, 2022, 06:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Nicely & clearly laid out! Well done, chaps! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

sandiego89

Brilliant clarification! Everyone should be able to work within those bounds, if not, they should think of something else (or PM for clarification). 

We are making the mods earn their massive paychecks already!   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 14, 2022, 08:30:23 AMNicely & clearly laid out! Well done, chaps! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Absolutely  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: TomZ on October 14, 2022, 07:00:51 AM...8.  'Goods' includes livestock and bulk farm produce, but not mail, nor personal items (including baggage)...

Well that's bugger, I was going to create a mobile post/sorting office based on a 1/35 army truck.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on October 16, 2022, 04:13:51 AM
Quote from: TomZ on October 14, 2022, 07:00:51 AM...8.  'Goods' includes livestock and bulk farm produce, but not mail, nor personal items (including baggage)...

Well that's bugger, I was going to create a mobile post/sorting office based on a 1/35 army truck.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Well, do create a mobile sheep sorting office... :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Gondor

Quote from: loupgarou on October 16, 2022, 09:23:36 AM

Well, do create a mobile sheep sorting office... :rolleyes:

or a mobile sheep dip  :rolleyes:
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

I only have one niggle:
can an APC/IFV actually be classified as a logistical vehicle? They're designed to
be used directly in combat rather than in a logistical support role behind the lines.

Charlie_c67

Similar here, was thinking a Royal Mail class 156 DMU...
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

TomZ

Quote from: jcf on October 16, 2022, 02:43:28 PMI only have one niggle:
can an APC/IFV actually be classified as a logistical vehicle? They're designed to
be used directly in combat rather than in a logistical support role behind the lines.

Wikipedia:
An armoured personnel carrier (APC) is a broad type of armoured military vehicle designed to transport personnel and equipment in combat zones.
An infantry fighting vehicle (IFV), also known as a mechanized infantry combat vehicle (MICV),[1] is a type of armoured fighting vehicle used to carry infantry into battle and provide direct-fire support.

So I would say, both have a logistical component to it.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

McColm

Would a submarine come under the rules, as they have been used to carry cargo?

TomZ

Quote from: McColm on October 21, 2022, 11:10:02 AMWould a submarine come under the rules, as they have been used to carry cargo?

Please see our clarification. If used for cargo/logistic purposes, they would indeed fit in the rules.
However it would need to be clear from the model or back story that the purpose of the submarine was/is to carry cargo

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

McColm

Quote from: TomZ on October 21, 2022, 11:20:47 AM
Quote from: McColm on October 21, 2022, 11:10:02 AMWould a submarine come under the rules, as they have been used to carry cargo?

Please see our clarification. If used for cargo/logistic purposes, they would indeed fit in the rules.
However it would need to be clear from the model or back story that the purpose of the submarine was/is to carry cargo

TomZ

This is what I have in mind , as you can see the submarine has cargo containers in it's hold.

jcf

How about gun tractors/prime movers?  

Or other ways of dragging them about, like the Germans in WWII.  ;D ;) :wacko:
Lots of scope for the figure modellers.

You cannot view this attachment.

Weaver

Quote from: TomZ on October 14, 2022, 07:00:51 AMWe've been asked if we can give a minimum percentage of freight but we cannot. Let it be enough that a significant portion of the transport should consist of freight.

One way of looking at that might be to say that if the cargo displaces potential passengers then it's in scope, but if it's carried in addition to the full passenger load, then it's not in scope. So by way of example, an airliner that carries some paid freight in the underfloor cargo compartment is not in scope, because it can still carry it's full compliment of passengers, but an airliner with a significant number of its seats removed and replaced by a roller cargo floor is in scope, because it's traded passenger capacity for freight capacity.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitbasher

Quote from: jcf on October 22, 2022, 06:29:08 PMHow about gun tractors/prime movers? 

Or other ways of dragging them about, like the Germans in WWII.  ;D ;) :wacko:
Lots of scope for the figure modellers.

You cannot view this attachment.

Can you PM the Mods please with further information regarding your query, please.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter