Main Menu

Logistics GB Rules

Started by NARSES2, September 29, 2022, 06:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Quote from: Weaver on October 22, 2022, 08:05:35 PM
Quote from: TomZ on October 14, 2022, 07:00:51 AMWe've been asked if we can give a minimum percentage of freight but we cannot. Let it be enough that a significant portion of the transport should consist of freight.

One way of looking at that might be to say that if the cargo displaces potential passengers then it's in scope, but if it's carried in addition to the full passenger load, then it's not in scope. So by way of example, an airliner that carries some paid freight in the underfloor cargo compartment is not in scope, because it can still carry it's full compliment of passengers, but an airliner with a significant number of its seats removed and replaced by a roller cargo floor is in scope, because it's traded passenger capacity for freight capacity.

Clarification point 2 addresses that, Weaver.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Quote from: kitbasher on October 22, 2022, 11:30:49 PM
Quote from: Weaver on October 22, 2022, 08:05:35 PM
Quote from: TomZ on October 14, 2022, 07:00:51 AMWe've been asked if we can give a minimum percentage of freight but we cannot. Let it be enough that a significant portion of the transport should consist of freight.

One way of looking at that might be to say that if the cargo displaces potential passengers then it's in scope, but if it's carried in addition to the full passenger load, then it's not in scope. So by way of example, an airliner that carries some paid freight in the underfloor cargo compartment is not in scope, because it can still carry it's full compliment of passengers, but an airliner with a significant number of its seats removed and replaced by a roller cargo floor is in scope, because it's traded passenger capacity for freight capacity.

Clarification point 2 addresses that, Weaver.

Umm, the sentence I was suggesting a solution to is from Clarification Point 2 and is, by it's own admission, not entirely clear...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TomZ

Quote from: Weaver on October 23, 2022, 06:20:25 PMUmm, the sentence I was suggesting a solution to is from Clarification Point 2 and is, by it's own admission, not entirely clear...

Weaver, I think the clarification goes as far as we can and want to go: "A significant portion".
Also I'm not sure if a more exact definition is needed. I f you have specific proposal, please just send a pm to the moderators.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

NARSES2

Right just over a week to go, so can we sign off on the rules Lads ?

Any specific questions after that should be addressed to the Moderators directly.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Weaver

Quote from: TomZ on October 23, 2022, 11:16:57 PM
Quote from: Weaver on October 23, 2022, 06:20:25 PMUmm, the sentence I was suggesting a solution to is from Clarification Point 2 and is, by it's own admission, not entirely clear...

Weaver, I think the clarification goes as far as we can and want to go: "A significant portion".
Also I'm not sure if a more exact definition is needed. I f you have specific proposal, please just send a pm to the moderators.

TomZ

Nah, I'm cool: it was just an idea.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Right then the Rules for the GB are as published on Page 2 of this thread.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.