Rescue Squad - Westland Whirlwind

Started by Robomog, October 01, 2022, 09:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robomog

Hi all

Something I knocked up about a year ago only just realised I've not published it here  :rolleyes:

First a sort of  back story.

Basically the worst happens leaving mankind struggling to survive, a remote RAF supply depot is largely spared a direct hit but is devastated by a couple of remote near misses. Those below ground survive. Above ground most buildings are damaged some destroyed. Most of their transport is mangled or unuseable. All communications are lost, they are on there own.

They have enough  food and water for now and an abundant supply of fuel, they realise that there maybe a lot of people wandering in the wilderness or starving in villages, they need people to rebuild civilisation.

That's when the Rescue Squads were born each unit consisting a large  supply vehicle with a varying number of motorbikes that would venture into the wilderness to find people and bring them back.

The transport situation was dire, there were plenty of bikes to be found but supply vehicles such as large lorries or crew buses were in very short supply and so the mechanics descended on scrap heaps  and collected all things mechanical to construct something large enough to support a rescue squad...........

First the whirlwind .......

This is a Revell Chickasw on an AEC Matdor Chassis.

All the box's, tarpaulins and drums are resin after parts.

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

And now a fully loaded trailer........

This is a cut down Queen Mary Trailer

Bikes and pushbikes are HAT productions

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

Please note the lack of tieing down straps, I couldn't find a way of producing anything that looked remotely convincing. Something to sort out later. ::)

And both together.....

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

It screams out for a diorama which may or may not happen.
 :lol:
As always all comments and criticisms gratefully accepted.

Thanks for looking...........

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Knightflyer

Absolutely brilliant! Love it!!  ;D  (though I must admit when I saw the title I was expecting to see a WWII Westland Whirlwind SAR aircraft!  ;D )
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

ericr

Mossie

Fantastic!  :wub:  Excellent inspiration for the Logistics GB. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Amazing work there, and an inspired idea too.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

comrade harps

Whatever.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Knightflyer on October 01, 2022, 10:13:45 AM(though I must admit when I saw the title I was expecting to see a WWII Westland Whirlwind SAR aircraft!  ;D )

As was I  ;D

Absolutely brilliant  :bow:  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Robomog

Thanks guys much appreciated  ;)

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

kerick

I remember this one too! Quite a project but worth every bit of it. Amazing'
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Steel Penguin

smart and clever build  :thumbsup:   it has a very post apoc feel and presence.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!