Griffy Scratches

Started by Dr. Griffin, October 11, 2022, 04:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Griffin

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 17, 2022, 05:37:34 AMI can't make up my mind if those diagrams are similar to the ones my old maths master, Mr Ellis, used to draw on the blackboard or out of some Roman infantry officers training manual entitled "defensive formations for any occasion" as I'm completely and utterly flummoxed, but intrigued nonetheless  ;D  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Captain Canada on October 17, 2022, 11:28:34 AMI have no idea what's going on, but I like it anyway ! Looks alot of work !
I want to combine these two LED graphics...

... onto a sci-fi version of this...

The fibre optics side of it uses a LED to light the optic fibres.

Dr. Griffin

There is an interesting opening scene in the TV Munster series 'Herman picks a winner', where a type of vanishing cabinet is used.
I wish to duplicate a similar scene in my diorama.

You may have to reset to the start of the video to see the opening scene.

This reminds my of that old horror movie "The Fly".
Here Dr. Brundle teleports himself, with a fly, and emerges from a receiving portal as partly both human and fly.

To follow this scenario, the figure in scratch drawing (E) must look like the figure in (A) but with altered head and hand (for instance).

zenrat

I think this involves electricity.  So that's me confused and slightly worried.  We don't get on electricity and I.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dr. Griffin

Quote from: zenrat on October 18, 2022, 04:15:15 AMI think this involves electricity.  So that's me confused and slightly worried.  We don't get on electricity and I.
Sorry to know that. Each to our own beliefs.
Hope that does not stop you from visiting this blog.  ;)

Dr. Griffin

Trying to figure out how to simulate Star Trek's Teleporter. The only thing I can think of is to make something look like it has blurred away, and then resharpened again.

I know that the human nervous system cannot respond to any impulses beyond 2,000 pulses per second. So, any visual blanking above 2kHz ought to look all blurred without showing any distinguishing features. If this is the case, then the following idea may simulate dematerialization and materialization.

Dr. Griffin

Dome Business Centre Lighting. Part plan seen in #20.

Dr. Griffin

Received the optical fibres today. I took them out of their wrapping and put them in sandwich bags so I can label and see them.
I will be using them to imitate portholes and other lighting lamps up to 2mm diameter. I will be using LEDs for large diameters.

Dr. Griffin

Playing around with the idea of using ordinary 7- segment LED displays to imitate alien typography.
Here are a few examples:

Those circled, in green, seem more alien looking (from a human aspect)... but what would I know.

Dr. Griffin

I decided to use a 16-segment display instead of the 7-segmented one. It gives me more options for creating alien typography.
Here are a few samples and ideas...

Base 8 sector clock face

Dual police sign (English and Alien), flip-flopping from one to the other.

Other alien signs and symbols...

Dr. Griffin

kerick

I'm catching up on this project and wow!   At first I thought it might be a George Jetson meets flat earth society but this is going to be awesome. I'll be keeping a closer watch.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dr. Griffin

Thanks for your interest kerick.  :thumbsup:

Dr. Griffin

Recent events have upgraded my priorities and I will be away, or scarce, for a while.
Happy blogging and modelling my friends.

kerick

We'll be here when you get back. Who do you work for, CIA, NSA, MI6?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on October 28, 2022, 10:44:03 PMWe'll be here when you get back. Who do you work for, CIA, NSA, MI6?

Amazon, Twitter, Meta, Musk...?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..