Griffy Scratches

Started by Dr. Griffin, October 11, 2022, 04:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

A slightly belated welcome to Whiffworld.(I've been somewhat distracted lately)  The inhabitants are "mostly harmless"  but do beware of wildly soaring imaginations, passing anachronisms and the occasional rampaging paradox.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Dr. Griffin

Quote from: Rheged on October 14, 2022, 01:21:50 AMA slightly belated welcome to Whiffworld.(I've been somewhat distracted lately)  The inhabitants are "mostly harmless"  but do beware of wildly soaring imaginations, passing anachronisms and the occasional rampaging paradox.
;D
Thanks for the welcome, and the caution of Whiffworld populace.

Dr. Griffin

The dome module idea.

Module receptor.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dr. Griffin

Dr. Griffin

Main Business Centre

Accessibility to both dome interior and the floor area below.

Old Wombat

It means I was trying to work out what you were building but the last couple of posts have brought me closer to understanding. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dr. Griffin

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 15, 2022, 02:07:34 AMIt means I was trying to work out what you were building but the last couple of posts have brought me closer to understanding. :thumbsup:
I too am getting closer to understanding where I am going with this build. Yet, I still have no idea for the 'why' of it. Perhaps I'll find out when I get closer to finishing it.

Dr. Griffin

The 600mm dome arrived a few days ago.

Being happy with the above dome I felt confident that any further domes from this company will be just as pristine. So today I ordered two 300mm domes for the other two smaller modules.

Playing around with other possible above-ground modules. The possibilities are endless.

I still have not fully decided what to put into the large dome. More than likely to be vegetation - like in that old classic sci-fi movie 'Silent Running'. But then again I may change my mind on that.

The one thing I am now sure about is that the diorama environment will influence what type of module, or sub-diorama, will be used. Likewise, the reverse situation is that a dome module strongly suggests that the outside environment is unfavourable to whatever is in the dome. Most likely reason for a dome on Earth is to isolate from some post-apocalyptic incident, such as a pandemic, pollution or some other dirty air scenario. Or a program such as SpaceX Mars Colonization, surviving a hostile gaseous environment.

Dr. Griffin

Dr. Griffin

Dr. Griffin

Landing signal sequencer.

Dr. Griffin

Further thoughts on landing pad signal sequencing.

NARSES2

I can't make up my mind if those diagrams are similar to the ones my old maths master, Mr Ellis, used to draw on the blackboard or out of some Roman infantry officers training manual entitled "defensive formations for any occasion" as I'm completely and utterly flummoxed, but intrigued nonetheless  ;D  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

I have no idea what's going on, but I like it anyway ! Looks alot of work !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?