What if.. the HA1112 was painted in Spanish Civil War camouflage?

Started by JohnsJunkII, October 16, 2022, 09:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Nice enough model but It's more a bomber scheme than a fighter.  And masking that splinter is enough to drive someone to drink.  And I mean the hard stuff, like Meths.

Mind, most seem to think that RLM 63 Lichtgrau is a grey. It isn't, it's a vile sickly green colour reminiscent of RAF Light Slate Grey.

The early Buchons with the Hispano Suiza engine were the closest to SCW colours, being in overall Barrack Grey, the Spanish name for RLM63.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

2996 Victor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 25, 2023, 04:16:03 PMThe early Buchons with the Hispano Suiza engine were the closest to SCW colours, being in overall Barrack Grey, the Spanish name for RLM63.
Is that the HA1112-K1L "Tripala"?

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 25, 2023, 04:16:03 PMMind, most seem to think that RLM 63 Lichtgrau is a grey. It isn't, it's a vile sickly green colour reminiscent of RAF Light Slate Grey.
Eugh! Sounds disgusting! Could be a Real World build coming on.....
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48

The Wooksta!

Yes, I'll be spraying mine at the weekend.  Xtracrylix do the early Luftwaffe colours, including RLM 63, but Light Slate Grey is close enough.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

2996 Victor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 26, 2023, 01:22:17 AMYes, I'll be spraying mine at the weekend.  Xtracrylix do the early Luftwaffe colours, including RLM 63, but Light Slate Grey is close enough.
:thumbsup: Any pics anywhere? I've had a quick search but didn't find it.....
Mark's workbench:

The Wooksta!

I think there's a nude of my Tripala in a Blog thread.  It's since been primed, in white as I haven't any grey left.  Need to dig out a new canopy as the Amodel one is crap.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

2996 Victor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 26, 2023, 04:03:59 AMI think there's a nude of my Tripala in a Blog thread.  It's since been primed, in white as I haven't any grey left.  Need to dig out a new canopy as the Amodel one is crap.
"Nude" ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 26, 2023, 01:22:17 AMYes, I'll be spraying mine at the weekend.  Xtracrylix do the early Luftwaffe colours, including RLM 63, but Light Slate Grey is close enough.

Hataka do a Luftwaffe Legion Condor paint set which includes RLM 63 among others.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I've been using Xtracrylix for 15 years and I'm too wedded to them to change now.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 26, 2023, 07:00:23 AMI've been using Xtracrylix for 15 years and I'm too wedded to them to change now.

My RAF Xtracrylics will probably last me out  ;D , but I've got some Hataka sets when I've wanted to paint subjects which Xtracrylic and others don't cater for, like my Dutch WWII schemes  :thumbsup:  Nice paint and I've got some more since. I like the fact that their Blue series is specifically for brush painting, Red is airbrush and orange is lacquer based.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.