P-80 air launched from B-24 mother ship *finished*

Started by sandiego89, October 21, 2022, 03:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

A move has been made and the move can not be unmade ..it's all go now Dave  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

sandiego89

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on October 26, 2022, 10:34:36 AMA move has been made and the move can not be unmade ..it's all go now Dave  ;D

Indeed, here it goes, forward to victory or the spares bin!!!

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

OH that 24 is about to go on a weight loss program..it's hack and slash time  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Quote from: sandiego89 on October 27, 2022, 07:43:11 AMIndeed, here it goes, forward to victory or the spares bin!!!

I beleive that I am correct in saying that on the other side of those sink marks are pin and socket joints to align the fuselage halfs. A fairly common occurrance in a lot of older kits.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on October 27, 2022, 01:21:07 PM
Quote from: sandiego89 on October 27, 2022, 07:43:11 AMIndeed, here it goes, forward to victory or the spares bin!!!

I beleive that I am correct in saying that on the other side of those sink marks are pin and socket joints to align the fuselage halfs. A fairly common occurrance in a lot of older kits.

Gondor
That shouldn't be a problem Gondor mate ..Dave has a P80 to weld into that spot..should fix any alignment issues   ;D

sandiego89

The B-24 has been gutted.

Rough cut

Anyone seen a P-80 around here? 

It fits!

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Rick Lowe

Coming along really well, Dave.  :thumbsup:
And an extra set of wings (smaller though they may be) will help a tad with extra lift.

Wardukw

I don't know who designed that but I'm sure those wings are to small for a fuselage that big  :wacko:

zenrat

Looks like it was designed by The AntiKit...  :wacko:

Good work so far Dave.  Any thoughts to some form of doors to reduce drag once the fighter has been jettisoned?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on October 29, 2022, 03:39:59 AMGood work so far Dave.  Any thoughts to some form of doors to reduce drag once the fighter has been jettisoned?

What about a big inflatable bag to fill the vacated space? :unsure:

Lighter & simpler.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on October 29, 2022, 02:27:34 AMI don't know who designed that but I'm sure those wings are to small for a fuselage that big  :wacko:

Same bloke who designed TSR2  ;)  Ducks and runs  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

mexchiwa

Maybe it could sit on the P-80's landing gear when on the ground. ;)

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 29, 2022, 06:04:49 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on October 29, 2022, 02:27:34 AMI don't know who designed that but I'm sure those wings are to small for a fuselage that big  :wacko:

Same bloke who designed TSR2  ;)  Ducks and runs  ;D

Yeah I bet Chris but least the TSR2 didn't look like a apartment block with wings  ;D
Mexchiwa is right ..that would be hilarious..do it Dave..do it!!  :wacko:  :lol: