Para-Folland Gnat

Started by UhuFin, October 22, 2022, 03:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UhuFin

Hi! I just joined this forum because I wanted to share my creations in a relevant platform.
Para-Folland Gnat

In 1953, on a rainy night, Dr. Fritz Paraman, a German mad scientist with a lot of old money, walked into Folland's board meeting. Dr. Paraman made an offer they couldn't refuse. He bought half of Folland Company, fully financed the development of Gnat and completely redesigned the machine.

Main operators were India, Finland and Yugoslavia. The Finnish unit in the pictures GN-101 was decommissioned in 1972.

Actually it is 1/72 Messerschmitt Me P.1111 from a PM kit with added parts from Special Hobby Folland Gnat kit.

Martin H

I like it  :thumbsup:

It looks like you will fit right in here. :mellow:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Wardukw

The Nuthouse is always open to new members Uhu ...so welcome to the Nuthouse  ;D
And I very cool little bird ..I. like it matey  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Nice job'o'work on that, Uhu.  :thumbsup:

A good way to make an entrance - welcome aboard!  :lol:

PR19_Kit

I'm not sure I've ever heard of this place being called a 'relevant platform' before, but you and your style of modelling are a perfect fit!   ;D

Good to see you, and the Gnat too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

63cpe

Great kitbash. Well envisioning on combination of kits to build one whif. Somehow it inspires me to make a combination of p1111 wings with a Grumman panther fuselage. Although the result looks a little too much like a Cougar.

Welcome and nice entry.

David aka 63cpe

NARSES2

Welcome to the Mad House  ;)

That is nice  :thumbsup: Suits the Finnish markings really well  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

That is what is called an enterance  :thumbsup:

and welcome, especially after posting that build

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

Another new member coming in with a bang! Excellent work!  :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

That's a great debut! Welcome to the forum.
Whatever.

UhuFin

Thank you all for warm welcome!  :D I built this model a year ago for a Finnish group build honoring Raimo Leino. One rule was to only use brush for painting. I usually paint with an airbrush so this is ot my best ones :rolleyes:

I will post another model from last summer soon. Also a makings of Dr. Paraman  ;D

UhuFin

I forgot a picture from underside

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est