1 to 1 scale office

Started by Gary, February 26, 2005, 10:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Just updating the office build. This is the built in bookcases with a top ledge for printer, fax machine and models.
Getting back into modeling

Gary

and this is the custom built model building station. I'm working with Melmanie and painting it grey. It's tall for working while I sit on a really cool stool I got. Never made cabnets before and I'm sorta happy with the results. The thing in the centre is a vent for airbrush fumes

Tophe

QuoteI sit on a really cool stool I got
Surprising and funny :) ... If you can sit so low to work on the table :) , you must be a giant ^_^ , so there would be not enough room for your legs... :(  Oh, maybe you have no leg :( , I am sorry to smile about the disabled... :( Modeling hands and mind may help when the body has problem, I understand. Just to feel you are normal... No, you would not be a what-ifer anymore... I just don't know what to say. Be happy! :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Thats great Gary, but it looks awful bare without any models on there  ^_^

You should tell the bread knife you need to go and buy lots of models to fill those bare shelves  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Oh noooooo, I had the exact same thoughts as Tophe when I saw the stool that was shown in contrast with your description of how you planned on using the set-up!   :(

Looks good, IMWFO----sure-fire way of admitting your addiction to this ridiculous hobby.  And I second Nev's suggestion that you need to fill the new shelves with models.

Consider yourself "fully authorized for procurement" by this purchaser.     ^_^
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Figures....you'll get 'er all done for this summer, when you should have had it done for last summer !

:wacko:

Doesn't look like we'll be doing any work out there this year....... :(

Great looking room, btw......can't wait to see all the finished work to come out !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Leigh

Gary, which shade of grey are you painting the work station. Are Canadian benches a different shade of grey than those in the U.S.? Most people make the mistake of thinking U.S. benches are Gull Grey (FS36440) when in reality they are Light Ghost Grey (FS36375) which have faded somewhat. To achieve an accurate representation of weathering you can use a mix of 70% Light Ghost grey and 30% U.S. Light grey (FS36495). I read an article about it on Hyperscale.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

The Rat

QuoteThe thing in the centre is a vent for airbrush fumes
I always thought that's what the holes between my mouth and eyes were for.  :wacko:

Looks like the Lower Sackville Ministry of Aircraft Production is just about ready to go!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

John Howling Mouse

QuoteGary, which shade of grey are you painting the work station. Are Canadian benches a different shade of grey than those in the U.S.? Most people make the mistake of thinking U.S. benches are Gull Grey (FS36440) when in reality they are Light Ghost Grey (FS36375) which have faded somewhat. To achieve an accurate representation of weathering you can use a mix of 70% Light Ghost grey and 30% U.S. Light grey (FS36495). I read an article about it on Hyperscale.
Priceless!    :lol:

Don't forget to factor in 1% Camo Grey per every scale percentage reduction from the original to account for the correct degree of JMN scale effect....

Learned that on www.jmn.com

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Gary

ILMAO

You guys are a friggen hoot.

Ok, my bone head move. The "foot" stool is there becasue I have been assembling gizmos and gadgetsand it's a good thing to have one foot elevated while standing for a long period of time. However it isn't my sitten stool.

I just didn't realize how funny that was though. I literally laughed so hard my sides hurt. That was untill I read Leighs bit on greys. Then I think I laughed so hard I may need hospitalization.

Thanks guys, I haven't laughed so hard in such a long time.

Ummmm, you were laughing with me, weren't you?