Savoia Marchetti SM-82 Libyan Clipper. Finished pics pg 5.

Started by zenrat, October 29, 2022, 04:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

The starting point for this GB.

Savoia Marchetti SM-82 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Savoia Marchetti SM-82 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The RW Libyan Clipper was a captured Ju-52 flown in the Western Desert by the RAAF during WW2.  At this point the build will be a simple paint only whiff but I may feel compelled to change more than the colour scheme.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Not a kit you see built that often, outside of SIG Italia that is. I've had one in the stash for ages. Mines sprues were loose in the box though, so it was hunt the parts and I never got around to it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I've never even heard of it, in full size or model form!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 29, 2022, 06:15:04 AMI've never even heard of it, in full size or model form!  :o

One of a fair few Italian aircraft Italeri do that no one else does.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Looks interesting and one I have seen for sale on eBay a few times and thought about buying as it looks a bit like a streamlined Ju 52. As NARSES2 said it's not normal to see outside of the SIG Italia so you could almost put an OOB one on our SIG table and then sit back and watch all the confused faces.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

I had a weakness for Italian Trimotors for a while.
The Canguro is the biggest in my stash.  It had been sitting in the LHS for ages until I talked them down $20 because the box was damaged.  It then sat in my stash for ages while I figured out what to do with it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 30, 2022, 04:08:33 AMI had a weakness for Italian Trimotors for a while.

I've a weakness for most things Italian  :angel:  :wub:

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 30, 2022, 06:50:51 AM
Quote from: zenrat on October 30, 2022, 04:08:33 AMI had a weakness for Italian Trimotors for a while.

Chianti......Soave......Barolo......possibly even Prosecco.

And to get back to the  Trimotors, the name Libyan Clipper has been used but  Tripoli Taxi, Cyrenaica Charabanc  and  the Benghazi Bus  are all available.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on October 30, 2022, 07:35:06 AM

Sofia Loren...................Gina Lollobrigida............Claudia Cardinale.............Elsa Martinelli...................  ;D  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 30, 2022, 08:07:00 AM

Sofia Loren...................Gina Lollobrigida............Claudia Cardinale.............Elsa Martinelli...................  ;D  ;)

Any one of those Ladies would be ideal for the Nose Art ;D
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

NARSES2

And we haven't even started to cover the countryside, the food or the motorbikes  ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: Leading Observer on October 30, 2022, 08:38:50 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 30, 2022, 08:07:00 AM

Any one of those Ladies would be ideal for the Nose Art ;D

Good choices but, perhaps, a bit late for the era of the aircraft? :unsure:

One could do worse than to try this list: Top 22 Italian Movie Stars of the 1930s

I quite like Germana Paolieri, Isa Pola, Nelly Corradi & Silvana Jachino. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Germana Paolieri (wonderful photograph), Isa Miranda (Italian Marlene Dietrich ?), Laura Solar (reminds me of a Hollywood star ??), Luisa Garella., would do nicely on the nose of my Mc 202 thankyou very much  :wub:  ;)

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 31, 2022, 06:43:17 AMAnd we haven't even started to cover the countryside, the food or the motorbikes  ;D

I refrain from contributing or commenting, as I cannot  be a neutral figure...  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit