IADFAF Skyvan

Started by Gondor, November 04, 2022, 10:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Well one bottle of HATAKA paint has let me down. It's all watery and no depth to the colour as all, and it's not as if I didn't shake it at all. So out with the Humbrol paint guide and look up the F.S. number to find an equivelant that I probably have. Humbrol 120! which has now been applied.

So that leves one colour to go on, a dark brown which I will leave untill this evening as I want the enamel Humbrol paint to be at least mostly dry due to the last colour abutting against the green which looks a little thin in places and just like Pellson's Greek Duce is works looking as if it is rush applied, it can even be worked into the backstory  ;D

I almost changed the operator of the aircraft. The previous picture shows just the sand colour applied to the upper surfaces which looks a lot like Desart Pink so it nearly became part of Operation Desert Storm but I decided just to stick with my original idea.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

First coat of Dark Tan applied, looks as if both it and the Green will need a second coat which will be done by the end of the day.

It's not my best ever build but it will do, maybe if the Skyvan becomes available in time I will redo this but for now it is what it is.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Getting a little worried about this build. There is still a bit of the camouflage to go on under the nose, the engines need painted and fitted in place as well. The proverbial Elephant in the room is the gapeing hole in the windscreen. I do have a plan on how using the bombadiers glazing from a Short Stirling to fill the gap, it's a case of makeing the part right, first time as there is only one peice that I have which can fit so its get it right or cover it up and add to the back story. Thinking of a fix that will involve silvery grey strips of masking tape fitted over joins and the like along with little dots of aluminium dotted around the masking tape as "damage" with the masking tape representing duct tape  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Gondor

Not going to be able to finish this build in time. Very close like a couple of days short but that does not mean that this build will be a hanger queen as it will be finished befor anything else is or any other build is started.

Gondor

NARSES2

Let me know if and when you'd like the thread moved to the General Section Alistair.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 12, 2023, 06:15:59 AMLet me know if and when you'd like the thread moved to the General Section Alistair.
Any time you want Chris

NARSES2

Moved as per request.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

frank2056

The faded colors looks good in the thumbnails, if you wanted to make a world weary aircraft. Just even out the variations a tiny bit.

Gondor

The green and dark tan did get another coat each after that picture was taken so the aircraft now looks a lot better.

Gondor

Wardukw

This is looking great Alistair mate..the faded look better suits a aircraft of its age and local..very cool  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

I'm hopeing it goes well with my Hawk T.68

Gondor

63cpe

Ah, so sorry it didn't make it. Had similar issues with one of my projects too. Lets continue anyway and get them finished.

Love the faded looks of this IDFAF skyvan.

David aka 63CPE

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on February 11, 2023, 09:11:51 AMFirst coat of Dark Tan applied, looks as if both it and the Green will need a second coat which will be done by the end of the day.

It's not my best ever build but it will do, maybe if the Skyvan becomes available in time I will redo this but for now it is what it is.

Gondor

Honestly, I'd decalled that as is and called it war weary. Looks great!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

rickshaw

It reminds me of my Australian Marines Skyvan:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.