Viking AS.1

Started by Devilfish, November 07, 2022, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

Lockheed S-3A Viking, done as Viking AS.1, 847 Sqn FAA, HMS Queen Elizabeth (CVA01), 1986
Italeri 1/48 kit, OOB, except pilots and Sea Eagles.
(Yes, I know after the Falklands the RN changed its colour schemes, but in this timeline they didn't)

Bought to replace the aging Gannets when the CVA class carriers were commissioned

[/url]

AeroplaneDriver

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Absolutely gorgeous!!  Beautifully done.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TomZ

Wow! Looks absolutely great!

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

loupgarou

Great build  and paint job!
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Dizzyfugu

SPINNERS

Fabulous. As a kid in the 1970's, the Viking was in my Royal Navy too!

zenrat

Fabtastic.  Looks great.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on November 07, 2022, 10:27:45 PM:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Absolutely gorgeous!!  Beautifully done.

Agreed! :bow:  :bow:

With all the others, too! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

That is OUTSTANDING! Probably the best Viking I've seen anywhere, super job.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

lining up with the rest, to say top job   :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!