DAP Tempest II

Started by zenrat, November 12, 2022, 03:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

DAP Tempest MkII.  75 Sqn RAAF 1944.

DAP Tempest II - 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
DAP Tempest II - 12 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Hawker Tempest is a British fighter aircraft that was primarily used by the Royal Air Force (RAF) in the Second World War.  The Tempest, originally known as the Typhoon II, was an improved derivative of the Hawker Typhoon, intended to address the Typhoon's unexpected deterioration in performance at high altitude by replacing its wing with a thinner laminar flow design.  Since it had diverged considerably from the Typhoon, it was renamed Tempest.  The Tempest emerged as one of the most powerful fighters of World War II and was the fastest single-engine propeller-driven aircraft of the war at low altitude.

DAP Tempest II - 19 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
DAP Tempest II - 10 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The improved Tempest II was developed jointly by Hawker and DAP specifically for use by the RAAF in South-East Asia.  It entered service in 1944 and continued serving until well after the end of hostilities

DAP Tempest II - 2 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model.
KP Hawker Tempest F.2 built OOB.

DAP Tempest II - 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Very nice! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

(& I don't need to wear shades to view it! ;D )
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

comrade harps

Whatever.

Wardukw

FFS Fred..first you nail us with the work of art  :thumbsup:
and then you nail us with this..dude I can only take so much pure excellence  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rheged

Another triumph from Zenrat Productions!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Dizzyfugu

Nice!. Am I correct when I assume that the ring around the cowling and the spinner are light blue, like the fin tip?  :o

zenrat

Thanks folks.  Glad you all like it.  It makes the struggle with the fit worth it.

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 13, 2022, 01:31:01 AMNice!. Am I correct when I assume that the ring around the cowling and the spinner are light blue, like the fin tip?  :o

Yes. My lighting is possibly a bit harsh.  Sky blue spinner, ring, fin top, and rego letters.
Original was on a P-40.

DAP Tempest II - 21 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

Ah, cool - thanks a lot!  :thumbsup:

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rick Lowe

zenrat

Fred

SPINNERS

A good 'what if' of one of my all-time favourite aircraft.

rickshaw

The RAAF actually trialed a Tempest in 1946.  However they were committed to the Mustang by then.  The Tempest didn't perform all that well on the tropical trials it was a part of, apparently.  Something about the engine overheating too easily. :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.