DONE Innovative-ecological-beer-delivery-system

Started by loupgarou, November 15, 2022, 01:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

ASSUMPTION: I hope that besides model building, ready-built models demolition to obtain a kit is also allowed.

An enigmatic box. What could be the content?

SURPRISE:

Some dismantling:

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

loupgarou

I had forgotten to snap a pic of the cable car after cutting away some stanchions etc, before masking for priming, so photos had to wait.
This is the actual situation, will need some more paint touch-up before detailing and decaling.

I am also studying how to reproduce the characteristic control system levers.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

There is a bar in the centre of Rotterdam in what was once a tram waiting room or tram drivers shed.  IIRC it's called something like the old tram shed.
I've spent more than a few happy hours there working my way down the beer menu.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

63cpe

mmmm. intruiging.

I do know there were beer bicycles for up to 12 people in the centre of Amsterdam, that's also an innovative and ecological beer delivery system. Although the consumption was usually prioritized over delivery by the occupants.

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on November 22, 2022, 03:16:28 AMThere is a bar in the centre of Rotterdam in what was once a tram waiting room or tram drivers shed.  IIRC it's called something like the old tram shed.
I've spent more than a few happy hours there working my way down the beer menu.

There's a small car park off Dover Street in the centre of Cambridge which I have used when picking up a pizza. It backs onto The Tram Depot which looks like a nice place for a beer or two. A surprising number of former tram depots around the world have become bars!
FYI, the trams were horse-drawn and ran from 1880-1914.

kerick

Quote from: 63cpe on November 22, 2022, 09:16:11 AMmmmm. intruiging.

I do know there were beer bicycles for up to 12 people in the centre of Amsterdam, that's also an innovative and ecological beer delivery system. Although the consumption was usually prioritized over delivery by the occupants.

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

There are beer bikes in New Orleans and Las Vegas too. But I don't think much gets delivered!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

loupgarou

Background story:
Given the large number of restaurants, cafes, eateries,various drinking places along the roads where the cable car lines run, the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency thought of using surplus cars for beverage supply, in order to reduce pollution, avoid trucks blocking the rails, and get more income from advertising.
Big beer brands jumped at the chance of an original and rolling new advertising possibility. I have (a quick and dirty job) reproduced the the Bud one.
Seats removed, only left the driver cab sides, installed something similar to the typical control levers,

Obviously the car is covered with ads.
(I had thought of something more subdued and classy, but realised that would be un-american ;D  )

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

"Sorry I'm late home darling, jumped on the first tram I saw and ended up at the brewery. Hic!"  :cheers:

Very good work - shame it's only Bud  ;D

You know, there are tram networks in Germany that are actually used for delivering goods in a city.
Dresden - VW parts
Schwerin - DHL distribution
https://www.eurogunzel.com/2018/09/freight-trams-of-europe/

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

63cpe

Hahaha, I like that very much! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  Great job.

David aka 63cpe

63cpe

Quote from: Nick on November 28, 2022, 07:08:21 AMYou know, there are tram networks in Germany that are actually used for delivering goods in a city.
Dresden - VW parts
Schwerin - DHL distribution
https://www.eurogunzel.com/2018/09/freight-trams-of-europe/

Ow woow I didn't know about that. So It's actually close to reality... then it's subtle...I like that! Hat's off Loupgarou!

David aka 63cpe