The fastest freighter ever, the 'Stretchcorde'

Started by PR19_Kit, November 19, 2022, 06:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 31, 2023, 06:50:23 AMYou cannot view this attachment.
The most funny is the dark blue arrow going down near the nose, for the Concorde that will rotate its nose downward for landing... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

That's so the crew know which way to droop the nose, it'd be REALLY bad news if they drooped it UPwards, wouldn't it?  ;D

Actually, the Flying Tigers fleet all had the arrow pointed downwards like that, for that scheme anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

NARSES2

Coming along nicely Kit  :thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 31, 2023, 06:50:23 AMNow here's a good question, why do I ALWAYS decal the port side first?  :-\

I always do the upper wings first.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

This build's fated. :(

I masked up the rear engine nacelles prior to painting them black, and as usual painted the edges of the masking tape with clear varnish to seal the gap. I had to use Revell clear as it's the only clear stuff I could buy locally, and once I'd applied the black and let it dry I stripped off the masking tape.

DISASTER!  :banghead:

The back paint had run under the edges of the tape, despite the varnish, and was all over everywhere!

Now I've got to re-mask the black and respray the white while NOT spraying then decals!

Ho hum..............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

PR19_Kit

It's driving me NUTS, but I'm winning slowly. It's been selectively masked and re-sprayed, the new bits of decals are printed and I'm waiting for the paint to dry before I can get on with it.

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

If you were a catholic, I'd suggest you bring your Concorde to Lourdes for a dip in the pool of blessed water..... :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Tophe

May Heaven help the poor modeler... (for Catholic and Protestant and Orthodox, and others replacing Heaven by other words, including Mother Nature...)

PR19_Kit

It certainly needs dipping in SOMEthing!  :banghead:

Partially masking a an almost all white model just doesn't work, you can always see the demarcation, so I've bitten the bullet and re-sprayed it ALL white, bar the engine areas of course. I've re-printed the decals so now I'm about back where I was 3 days ago...............

Has anyone ever managed to partially re-spray a model without seeing the joins, and if so how please?

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

At last something on the Stretchcorde went right!  :o

After re-spraying the entire airframe white, and the fin blue (over the existing decals) I re-painted and detailed the engine nacelles. NOTHING went wrong!  :thumbsup:

So when that lots dried off it'll be back to the decaling again, which is where I was 6 days ago. Thank goodness we got the 14 day GB extension, I might JUST make it in time......

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 03, 2023, 12:53:30 PMThank goodness we got the 14 day GB extension, I might JUST make it in time......

You said that befor and jinxed it.  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

If you got to partially paint a model Kit use as many panel lines as possible..follow those where you can and you have a partition between the old and the new.
Keep the respary thin and you'll have even less of a edge to worry about.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Or, feather the new paint into the existing.  This works best if there is more layers to go over the top.  Like kandys or clears or weathering.

When i've stuffed the paint on a car model i'll either put a transfer over it (old car modellers trick - me being an old car modeller) or sand it back, mask it, and make a feature of it by putting down grey primer and calling it a repair.

On this '68 Dodge I screwed the paint at the base of the windscreen which I hid with primer and real rust effect paint.
Norm 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Norm 07 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

At 1/144 scale, and with airliner models, the panel lines are generally invisible, and on a Concorde they CERTAINLY are, it's all over white.

You'd have thought that one coat of white sprayed over an original coat of the same white would not have shown up, but it did. Where the masking tape had tacked down the umpteen kitchen towels I could clearly see where the tape had been. :(

It's sorted now 'cos I re-sprayed the ENTIRE model, and the blue fin, AND the engines are nicely painted now, and the first batch of decals are on. It's started to look as it should do..............

Regards
Kit