The fastest freighter ever, the 'Stretchcorde'

Started by PR19_Kit, November 19, 2022, 06:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

The Stretchcorde is now all in primer, but STILL needs some PSR. The starboard wing is almost there (but it'll never be as good as the port one...) and the front end of the fuselage needs quite a lot of PSR work on it yet, but it's getting there.

I'm not sure that the existing nosewheel bay is far enough forward as it's in the same position relative to the wings as the standard gear is, and with that loooooong nose it looks a tad too far aft. On the other hand if I'd have used the nosewheel bay on the extension it would have been too far forward, so I'll try and carve a small slot mid way between the two. Luckily a Concorde has it's main nose gear door closed except when it's going up or down, so it'll only be a small T shaped hole that's needed.

You cannot view this attachment.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Wait till you see it painted and decalled. I'm almost done drawing up the WILDLY complex decal sheet.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on January 23, 2023, 04:41:03 AMThe word we are looking for here is "sexy".  :wub:

I'm inclined to  agree.

I'm waiting for the finished article, then I'll make my final comment  but I suspect that I will be  raking through my trusty thesaurus for synonyms for "sensual"  and "outstanding".
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Just about the most complex decal sheet I've ever done for just one aircraft!  :o

Because the doors on a Concorde are different in each side, and I've puttied the actual doors within an inch of their lives, I had to calculate the position of the door decals on the side stripes by scaling various Concorde pics to 1/144 scale. I must be NUTS!  :o

Regards
Kit

Gondor

You need so ESSO stickers as the fuel supplier. Think back to the 60's and 70's for this refference

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

63cpe

Very gracefull indeed. Love the flying tigers decals.....

Why do I feel like doing an concorde in Air America scheme? or Fred Olsen..

David aka 63cpe

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on January 23, 2023, 11:39:14 AMYou need so ESSO stickers as the fuel supplier. Think back to the 60's and 70's for this refference

With a tiger's tail hanging out of every fuel filler?  ;D

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 23, 2023, 01:45:33 PM
Quote from: Gondor on January 23, 2023, 11:39:14 AMYou need so ESSO stickers as the fuel supplier. Think back to the 60's and 70's for this refference

With a tiger's tail hanging out of every fuel filler?  ;D

That or Tiger Striped RBF tags, Just thought it fitted the Airline

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 23, 2023, 11:36:45 AMJust about the most complex decal sheet I've ever done for just one aircraft!  :o

Because the doors on a Concorde are different in each side, and I've puttied the actual doors within an inch of their lives, I had to calculate the position of the door decals on the side stripes by scaling various Concorde pics to 1/144 scale. I must be NUTS!  :o

Someone (hint, hint) should post a tech tip thread on how to make your own decals
- hardware, such as printers and decal paper
- software for designing decals
- other tips, tricks and traps.

Just saying..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

I've done that a few times, back in time, but I'd be happy to do it again.

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 24, 2023, 03:27:41 AMI've done that a few times, back in time, but I'd be happy to do it again.
And perhaps pin it in the Tools & Tips board
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit