A-20K Havoc, Vietnam

Started by Devilfish, November 20, 2022, 11:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

What if the Havoc was chosen instead of the Invader?

I built this as a test piece to try out a few techniques and products, and tbh, I'm happy with the result....

1/48 Italeri/AMT B-20 Havoc.

20221119_204522 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20221119_210428 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20221119_210344 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20221119_210338 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20221119_210348 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20221119_210407 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20221119_210414 by Paul Carter, on Flickr

Dizzyfugu

Unlikely, but the SEA paint scheme works surprisingly well on the A-20.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 20, 2022, 11:36:15 PMUnlikely, but the SEA paint scheme works surprisingly well on the A-20.  :thumbsup:

My thoughts as well  :thumbsup:  I particularly like the weathering, nice and restrained  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

USAAF in the Pacific in 1943 didn't like the A-26 & demanded (& got) more A-20s, so not necessarily as unlikely as suggested.

I really like it, the build is good, she looks fantastic in the SEA scheme & the weathering is excellent! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Love it Paul..it's a twin and packing fire power..absolutely love it mate  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

perttime

Looks great!

Didn't the A-26 have the gun nose in Vietnam?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Comes up well  :thumbsup:

Which reminds me to invest in an A-20 at some point.
Whatever.

PR19_Kit

That's a TEST piece?  :o

Heavens, the real thing's going to look AMAZING, as that one's already outstanding!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

comrade harps

Quote from: perttime on November 21, 2022, 01:38:21 AMLooks great!

Yes, 8 .50 cals.

From what l've read, the guns were really useful against trucks on the Trail. However, the choice of gun or clear nose may depend on other factors. In Korea they were fond on the pexiglass snoz because it helped with finding and identifying targets and the A-26 crews took turns at hunting and killing as they operated without night FACs. Over Laos the A-26Ks could get away with having the solid nose because they were working with night FACs in T-28Ds or Bird Dogs with night scopes.

So, maybe, in the whifworld of this A-20K, they don't have night FACs. Anyway, it does look like it has the the twin .50s beside the nose and a pair of Minigun pods, so it can still throw down a lot of lead.
Whatever.

Devilfish

Quote from: comrade harps on November 21, 2022, 02:39:44 AM
Quote from: perttime on November 21, 2022, 01:38:21 AMLooks great!

Yes, 8 .50 cals.

From what l've read, the guns were really useful against trucks on the Trail. However, the choice of gun or clear nose may depend on other factors. In Korea they were fond on the pexiglass snoz because it helped with finding and identifying targets and the A-26 crews took turns at hunting and killing as they operated without night FACs. Over Laos the A-26Ks could get away with having the solid nose because they were working with night FACs in T-28Ds or Bird Dogs with night scopes.

So, maybe, in the whifworld of this A-20K, they don't have night FACs. Anyway, it does look like it has the the twin .50s beside the nose and a pair of Minigun pods, so it can still throw down a lot of lead.

Exactly my thoughts. I didn't have a solid nose for this, so I left it as an observer post.  Like you say, twin .50s in the nose, and if I can find them, I have a pair of cheek blisters around somewhere....
It's also got a minigun pod and a rocket launcher.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

SPINNERS

Rick Lowe