Euro Scale Modelling 2022 (NL)

Started by TomZ, November 26, 2022, 10:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Today we had the Dutch Nationals after goinf withour for 2 years due to Covid.
I was there with Harro (Hobbes) and David (63cpe) and we had a good time.

There were a lot of people, I think attendance was higher than we've seen before. Perhaps a little fewer traders but a lot of visitors.
We got a lot of positive feedback on our models and perhaps made a few converts to the whiffing world.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

TomZ

TomZ

TomZ

TomZ

TomZ

PR19_Kit

What a STUPENDOUS show you guys put on, and only three of you as well!  ;D  :thumbsup:

Love the 'Huey-truck' in the 3rd batch of pics.  :wub:

I so wish I still came over to Holland regularly as I'd surely coincide a trip to get to that event.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TomZ

Just to clarify. The "Models" posts are not our models.
Our models are on the table pics.

TomZ

Old Wombat

Thanks, Tom! :thumbsup:

Some great dioramas there; the planes in the "water boxes", the wildlife & Cernunos dios, the Desert Outpost & the ZZ Top film shoot were excellent! :bow:  :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Thanks Tom, some great photos there and as Kit says you guys put on a stupendous show  :bow:

My personal favs are the HP 42 and 2 seaplanes in the first batch of Show photos  :thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 26, 2022, 11:07:21 AMI so wish I still came over to Holland regularly as I'd surely coincide a trip to get to that event.

I could have probably arranged a trip to Hoogovens/Ijmuiden to coincide as well  ;)

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

63cpe

Some pictures of yesterday's show I like to share:

This is the scene for the visitors entering the show:
PXL_20221126_094553048 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

This i the What-if show:
PXL_20221126_093509532.MP by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20221126_093622703.MP by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20221126_093514697.MP by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20221126_093631937.MP by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20221126_093640021.MP by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20221126_093535709 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20221126_093735881 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

So, we were happy with the nice spot on the show and talked to lots of visitors. Usually they were laughing about the creations or trying to figure out what models were used for our creations. Some were literally stepping back from the tables once they understood it's whiffy world. Anyway a great show and we saw some whifs from other modellers too. Maybe the stance to whifs is changing gradually....

David aka 63cpe

NARSES2

Great pictures David  :thumbsup:  and you got a great spot.

Quote from: 63cpe on November 27, 2022, 02:19:25 AMAnyway a great show and we saw some whifs from other modellers too. Maybe the stance to whifs is changing gradually....

David aka 63cpe

I think you are right
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Great pics.  Thanks for sharing.

I must build my S.55.

What is this please?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

63cpe

63cpe

Quote from: zenrat on November 27, 2022, 02:42:11 AMGreat pics.  Thanks for sharing.

I must build my S.55.

What is this please?

It's a Dewoitine D.338. French Airliner in the late 30-ies...( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewoitine_D.338)