Canadair CF-177A

Started by Captain Canada, February 27, 2005, 06:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Lightweight fighter adopted by the reserve squadrons to defend canadian cities and other points of interest, like breweries !

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Gotta love any FSW!  :wub:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Allan

Toad,
Isn't it going to be incredibly hard to paint the wheels and cockpit like that?
Don't you paint them before assembly?
Allan

Tophe

Captain Toad,
Could you explain us how the X-29 code leaded to 177? I would have understood that for a double X-29Z, as 2.9+(29x2.9x2)+(2.9x2 )=177  :wacko: , but for a single plane :) , the logic must be different :blink: ...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

retro_seventies

she's a real zinger and no mistake - looking forward to the background story to this one!

you gonna make a little one to go in your conventional carrier wing?

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

upnorth

Thats pretty cool.

I've got a kit bash happening right now involving the old Hasegawa X-29. I've grafted the forward fuselage of Revell Germany's F-5B onto it for a two seater.

I'm not much further than that, my modeling is really slow right now. I picked up a couple of aftermarket Martin Baker MK.10 ejection seats for it, but otherwise am still rolling over ideas for the cockpit in my head.

I'm thinking either Swiss or Dutch markings for it as I have extra markings for both air forces in my spares back home.

I'm either going to do plain wingtips or put on rails and put one of those aggressor air data things on one wingtip. I'm still debating what to do on the centreline, right now I'm thinking either the standard fuel tank or a practice bomb dispenser.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

nev

Looks great Todd.  Are you entering it into the F-5 GB on ARC?  You too Upnorth?  Starts March 20th, my two F-20s are all ready to go  B)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

Toad, good job on the X-29!

I'll be using SHARS for the point-defence job though.   :ar:

Can't wait to see your CF-177 done!

:wub:  

Aircav

Looks good Capin'
I'm just fitting a F-20 and a Tigereye noses to my two at the mo', Brazilian and Taiwanese  ;)  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

NARSES2

Looking good Capt.n

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

elmayerle

QuoteThats pretty cool.

I've got a kit bash happening right now involving the old Hasegawa X-29. I've grafted the forward fuselage of Revell Germany's F-5B onto it for a two seater.

I'm not much further than that, my modeling is really slow right now. I picked up a couple of aftermarket Martin Baker MK.10 ejection seats for it, but otherwise am still rolling over ideas for the cockpit in my head.

I'm thinking either Swiss or Dutch markings for it as I have extra markings for both air forces in my spares back home.

I'm either going to do plain wingtips or put on rails and put one of those aggressor air data things on one wingtip. I'm still debating what to do on the centreline, right now I'm thinking either the standard fuel tank or a practice bomb dispenser.
F-5B front end ( to the "cant 183" bulkhead) would definitely be good for a "trainer only" version.  A F-5F forward fuselage would give you the radar room for a fully operational two-seater (on possibility I'm looking at).
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

upnorth

Well, trainer is the main line I'm looking at with some light strike capability; nothing that needs radar just guns, rocket pods and iron bombs.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

elmayerle

QuoteWell, trainer is the main line I'm looking at with some light strike capability; nothing that needs radar just guns, rocket pods and iron bombs.
That'd work, then.  Though if you did add the RF-5B nose, you'd have an option to do a FAC version with a laser designator replacing the camera.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

noxioux

Verrrry interesting!

It is going to be a pain to paint, being all assembled.

What are you thinking on the color scheme?

If I'm not mistaken it gets the CF-117 designation because it's purchase/adoption would've been just before Canada purchased the F-18/CF-118.  Is that correct?

lancer

Brilliant toad, truely inspiring.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die