T-72 Perevozchik. Some pics pg 5.

Started by zenrat, November 29, 2022, 01:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on December 21, 2022, 03:25:55 AMSides of the cab are in place.  Time for greebles.

As we all know, one can never, ever have too many greebles.  I am most intrigued to find which specific greebles you have in mind in this case.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on December 28, 2022, 01:38:44 AMAdditional alternate load - to be reconfigured as a fuel/water/vodka container.

Camper Tank WIP 28-12-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

That will be one huge fuel/vodka tank!! It'll give the Ukrainian guys with Javelin missiles and electric bikes something spectacular to shoot at!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

frank2056

Quote from: Gondor on December 28, 2022, 04:25:58 AMThat cab is looking nice, UFO's SHADOW2 inspired by any chance?

Gondor
I have the title music stuck in my head now:

zenrat

It's funny, I don't remember 1980 looking like that...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Scratch-building today - stairs and a hot-tub.
Primer on the prime-mover.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Fred

Old Wombat

Ah! He's wearing an ushanka! At first I thought it was a Morris dancer's hat*! :angel:

[*: Until I looked at the enlarged image on Flickr. ;) ]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

If it's Russian then you need a collection of sticks so they can beat each other in the hot tub.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Snowtrooper

Quote from: kerick on January 02, 2023, 10:47:55 AMIf it's Russian then you need a collection of sticks so they can beat each other in the hot tub.
...is this referring to using a birch bunch to beat oneself and each other with the leaves (as opposed to the branch or the trunk itself) in a sauna (I fail to see how this would work in a hot tub), or is the Russian bathing culture just a wee bit more extreme than I imagined?

kerick

Quote from: Snowtrooper on January 03, 2023, 06:41:58 AM
Quote from: kerick on January 02, 2023, 10:47:55 AMIf it's Russian then you need a collection of sticks so they can beat each other in the hot tub.
...is this referring to using a birch bunch to beat oneself and each other with the leaves (as opposed to the branch or the trunk itself) in a sauna (I fail to see how this would work in a hot tub), or is the Russian bathing culture just a wee bit more extreme than I imagined?

Definitely not an expert on that subject just thinking back to when a Soviet leader invited an American president to join him in a sauna and it involved whacking each other. Can't remember if it was Gorby and Reagan or after that. The invitation was not accepted.
BTW, the transporter is looking great!
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Prime mover is painted.  Weathering next.
I shall be completing this part first as should I fail to complete the camper body I can still enter the prime mover alone in the GB.
Fred

zenrat

I'm calling this part nearly finished.  Just needs the rear window fitting plus the fuel tanks I forgot to attach to the rear.

Camper Tank WIP 20-01-2023 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on January 20, 2023, 02:18:42 AMI'm calling this part nearly finished.  Just needs the rear window fitting plus the fuel tanks I forgot to attach to the rear.

Camper Tank WIP 20-01-2023 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

This VEHICLE looks as though it would suit the DROPS / PLS / EPLS system, with the attachment of a suitable pick up hook

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demountable_Rack_Offload_and_Pickup_System
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Initially I saw this only as transporting the camper body which would have been permanently mounted.  However as it evolved I realised it should be demountable and progress is good on the second load (the Vegemite/Beer/Blue Cheese salad dressing tanker).  Alas, by that point it was too late to add an offload system without major reworking so loading and off loading is by crane.  I have added lifting points to the top of the camper body and the tank frame will have them built in.

Later versions of the <insert name here> have a motor driven winch mounted behind the cab which when combined with ramps allowed payloads to be loaded autonomously.
Fred