Weserflug P.1003/1

Started by Devilfish, December 05, 2022, 10:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

This is the 1/48 Amusing Hobby Weserflug P.1003/1.  It was a VTOl design from 1938.  Needless to say it never made it off the drawing board, let alone off the ground.  I'm not sure what they'd even want it for tbh, but I have added cannons in side blisters for use in either ground attack or anti-bomber roles.

Wardukw

I've seen this model for sale in a couple of model mags Devil mate and it's always had me interested in what it's like .
It's bloody good to see one built and you did a cracking good job  :wub:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Devilfish

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 06, 2022, 12:38:08 AMI've seen this model for sale in a couple of model mags Devil mate and it's always had me interested in what it's like .
It's bloody good to see one built and you did a cracking good job  :wub:

Amusing hobby are quite good.  A bit basic in areas, but surface detail is good, and fit is certainly acceptable.  I've built this and 2 Triebflugels, and I look forward to future releases.

NARSES2

That's come out really well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 06, 2022, 05:58:33 AMThat's come out really well  :thumbsup:

Indeed!  :thumbsup:
And such a modern-looking plane. It looks too modern for 1938,even for a napkin-waffe.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Glenn Gilbertson

Fascinating subject, well modelled. :thumbsup:

jcf

Nice build.  :thumbsup:

The gearboxes/drive-shafts/wing rotating mechanisms and prop pitch control would
have been a nightmare to design and build with the tech of the period. 

Wardukw

Quote from: jcf on December 06, 2022, 04:08:37 PMNice build.  :thumbsup:

The gearboxes/drive-shafts/wing rotating mechanisms and prop pitch control would
To true on that Jon..remember how much trouble they had with the V22 ..it would have been a massive head scratcher back in them days.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Devilfish

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 06, 2022, 09:38:18 PM
Quote from: jcf on December 06, 2022, 04:08:37 PMNice build.  :thumbsup:

To true on that Jon..remember how much trouble they had with the V22 ..it would have been a massive head scratcher back in them days.

Which is probably why it stayed on the drawing board

Wardukw

It's quite possible this never existed not even on paper...ive seen hundreds of pics of proposed ideas and real ideas and yep some are right out there but still look like a normal winged aircraft but this unlike anything I've seen ..not in the dozens of books I used to have or the net for that matter.
Yeah I know it's not normal to spend hours some days just looking for odd ball wiffy subjects..always aircraft and armour ..never seen a tilt wing German wiffy but I'm glad I know it's out there cause it's very cool  ;D

Devilfish

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 07, 2022, 01:01:26 AMIt's quite possible this never existed not even on paper...ive seen hundreds of pics of proposed ideas and real ideas and yep some are right out there but still look like a normal winged aircraft but this unlike anything I've seen ..not in the dozens of books I used to have or the net for that matter.
Yeah I know it's not normal to spend hours some days just looking for odd ball wiffy subjects..always aircraft and armour ..never seen a tilt wing German wiffy but I'm glad I know it's out there cause it's very cool  ;D

I'd never seen it before either, but there is plenty of info out there about it.  I remember seeing a Focke-Wulf design (at least I think it was FW) for a VTOL aircraft, but the props swung down on shafts from behind, rather than the wings pivoting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weserflug_P.1003

http://www.luft46.com/misc/wes1003.html

https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Weserflug_P.1003

Wardukw

Quote from: Devilfish on December 07, 2022, 01:09:25 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 07, 2022, 01:01:26 AMIt's quite possible this never existed not even on paper...ive seen hundreds of pics of proposed ideas and real ideas and yep some are right out there but still look like a normal winged aircraft but this unlike anything I've seen ..not in the dozens of books I used to have or the net for that matter.

I'd never seen it before either, but there is plenty of info out there about it.  I remember seeing a Focke-Wulf design (at least I think it was FW) for a VTOL aircraft, but the props swung down on shafts from behind, rather than the wings pivoting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weserflug_P.1003

http://www.luft46.com/misc/wes1003.html

https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Weserflug_P.1003
Yeah I've heard of the swing props version before and I think ive seen some drawings of it.
Those 3 sites all say pretty much the same thing which is to be expected as im pretty sure there's going to be very little chance of new info turning up  ;D
The annoying thing about kits like these is that there's no chance not getting them here at all..hell they don't even import Dargon or Trumpeter kits here anymore so if I want anything like this it's very likely it's OZ or the UK .

SPINNERS

Great work! I can't believe this project is from 1938... wow!

Captain Canada

What a cool little machine. I like the engine layout. Great job on the paint and weathering as well.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?