Main Menu

Rockwell OV-10 T

Started by 63cpe, December 07, 2022, 09:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Yup, the Bronco's tail cone coild be opened to take troops and/or stretchers. I just thought about the tail ramp because I also have plans for s modified Do 28, and there was a relatively small Australian twin-prop transport aircraft from the Sevnties era with a tail ramp (I guess the smallest type to have this feature). Don't remember the name, though - not the GAF Nomad (which was quite normal), but with a similar layout, I just remember that it was not successful.  :-X

Dizzyfugu

The issue did not leave my mind, and I eventually found the aircraft I meant. It was US American, though, not Australian - but it was a direct competitor to the GAF Nomad, hence I had it booked in an Aussie context. It is/was the Dominion Skymaster 800:

Only a single one (prototype) was apparently ever built - a very obscure aircraft! But it had a tail ramp.  ;)

Gondor

That looks very much like a BN Islander, admittedly with a shorter fuselage and different undercarriage.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

63cpe

Update time:

Fuselage sanding is finished
PXL_20221226_125320419 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

The wing will be put on top of the fuselage over the rear fuselage door:
PXL_20221226_125326209 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Time to work on the wing. It needs to be widened 8-9 mm.
PXL_20221226_125347730 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

The gap will be filled with sone styrene profile. 3 pieces will fill the gap and need to be sanded in shape of the wing.
PXL_20221226_125800608 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Final situation. The putty needs to be sanded after curing
PXL_20221226_160801644 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

And ehm about that rear fuselage ramp....
PXL_20221226_135529278 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Yes, there will be a ramp.

Cheers,
David aka 63CPE

Gondor

That is looking very nice indeed  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Coming along very nicely  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

63cpe

The majority of sanding to the wing is done. Still need to re-putty the middle section and smooth out some bumps. Also testfitted the ramp and made it fit the fuselage.

A testfit of all mayor parts still look very promising. Need to figure out a nice scheme...

David aka 63CPE

63cpe

Update time:

Wing is fixed and is puttied in front and aft. With the tailbooms in place the set up is this. Now working on elongating the stabilo, sanding the top of the fuselage and tailbooms.

PXL_20230115_221843235.MP by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20230115_221849397 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20230115_222000801 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Last pic shows the ramp. Already planning on the scheme. Lizard (Europe) is an option ( like the Short Sherpa's) or Olive drab over light grey (vietnam scheme).

Cheers,
David

PR19_Kit

That's looking very promising.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Wonderful (as expected, hoped) with its twin booms! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

That's looking VERY good!  :thumbsup: