Captain's Train World-Beaver ( Biber ) Bridge Layer

Started by Captain Canada, December 07, 2022, 04:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hi Everybody ! Since I've started doing rail stuff for a future layout, I figure I'd share some here. Alot of model railroading is automatically whif, I think, since everything is changed to fit the layout. And it's fun.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

A friend of mine had a barge on his layout. It wasn't much, so he asked if I could build a structure for it. I modelled it loosely around the Scotia II ferry and the structure of the Phyllis Yorke, both which plied the waters of the St. Clair River here between Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, and Port Huron, Michigan, USAYou cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.     
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quite the project, and it's looking good! I keep intending to set up a youtube video page on all Ontario ferries, but my legendary procrastination seems to get in the way. The most remote one I've ridden is the Gardiner Ferry across the Abitibi River, northeast of Cochrane.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Thanks guys. Working on my Canadian Army train now. Since I have 4 Taurus ARV two of them are being modified into Badger AEVs. The first one is coming along nice ! The bonus of having 80 boxes of spares !You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Wardukw

Very nice pile of work matey ....i have a great amount of respect for train builders and their massive lay outs and even their small ones ...the detail can be amazing ,,,just like yours Captain  ;D  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Captain Canada

Thanks guys. I've added a few more details to this first one, and I'm happy enough with it to start cutting bits for the second one.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

25 parts so far. I'm happy enough with the prototype that I started number 2You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

You know me and armour Capitano..so it's no surprise that I am loving the AEVs and  I take it their HO scale ? ..
if so brilliant  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Captain Canada

Thanks ! Yes HO. It's been fun to build them. I changed the way the boom attaches on the second one. Might modify the first one accordingly, or not. Also not really happy with the hydraulic rams, they look a little too dainty. Might change with paint abs weathering tho.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

I see what you mean about the rams..easy enough to remove the shaft and just replace with thicker rod because as soon as the armour covers most of that it won't be seen anyway .
Or just leave it and cover it with a tarp ..ive those covering the front of the crane when their being transported over long distance.
And don't forget Cap'n..we are our own worst critics  ;D

Captain Canada

All beefed up and ready to go ! I still need to weather them a bit. now I need to get some wood decks for the flat cars, and also purchse some wee chain. I will scratch build wood blocks from BalsaYou cannot view this attachment.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

Wonderful little beasties Cap'n..I'd gave em a overall wash of thinned out tan..will bring all that detail out and then they'd look great man  ;)  ;D