Captain's Train World-Beaver ( Biber ) Bridge Layer

Started by Captain Canada, December 07, 2022, 04:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Cheers guys. I will defo mess around with a wash or two. I've got a pickup almost done, as well as an M113. Just started on an M109 as well

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

Looking good Cap...it's quite cool that the M109 has the same sort of muzzle break ive seen on the real thing..very cool  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Captain Canada

I had no idea there were different variants ! Hard to find much info on the CDN ones. I know they had the short barrel with the big fat gas expel thing at first, then i think they went to the long barrell. I'm not too concerned as it's just for my own layout. Once a pair of them are lashed down to a 60 foot car I doubt anybody will notice anyway !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

To ture on the load out Cap'n but yeah there's quite a few M109s and yup you had the short barreled 155 used in veitnam with a fume extractor on the barrel..then the longer caliber gun ..much better range ..then the one you've got which like I said I saw on a German one which has a even longer barrel than the standard lenght gun..there's been prototypes with different guns for different potential customers which didnt seem to go anywhere .
Since Canada use or used ..can't remember now...the M109 yours can be one which the troops are trying as a replacement or upgrade for your older 109s  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Captain Canada

These little Roco machines are something !
You cannot view this attachment.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Overall green, added the black, the brown, water based wash.You cannot view this attachment.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

Christ their detailed for their size ..very nice bit of work there cap'n..kinda tempted to play with something so small ..just to see  ;D

NARSES2

I remember Rocco from when I was a nipper back in the Dark Ages, and yes they were quite nice  ;)  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 24, 2022, 03:02:31 PMChrist their detailed for their size ..very nice bit of work there cap'n..kinda tempted to play with something so small ..just to see  ;D

Beware, it could drive you mad(der).
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Der is correct Fred  ;D and we can only hope it does :wacko:

Captain Canada

Sometimes you get lucky ! I want to turn a pair of Leo 1s into Bieber Bridge Layers. The Revell instructions scale pretty close to 1:87 ! That will make things easy !]You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 07, 2023, 11:33:24 AMSometimes you get lucky !

And more often you don't  ;)

Hope it's the start to a lucky year Cap't  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Having that 72nd kit sure is handy ! And as always, close enough for rock and roll ! You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

I've always wanted to build a bridge layer but in 35th it's a pretty big task and I can't decide on whether to go German with the sliding system or the normal folding system .
I know there's Resin conversions out there but ouch in the coin department but least I have a heap of tank hull to choose from.
Keeping a very close eye on this Cap..I like this a heap already  ;D