Spad Float Plane

Started by Wardukw, December 13, 2022, 02:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

UhuFin

Cool idea and good looking Spad!  ;D

Wardukw

Cheers Uhu mate  ;D
Well it's update time ...it's painted and gloss coated for the weathering which won't be mental .
The colours are pretty out there for a combat aircraft but hell in WW1 we've all seen fighters painted more like a custom car show than airfield in France but it's not over done..just different .
Can't tell ya one thing..it will be a while before I do another WW1 plane ..looking forward to a much more modern one ...or a 32nd scale one  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

It's done ..all finished today ..pics to follow in a couple of days .
Glad it's finished as this thing is so bloody delicate..the next build will have wheels..8 of them  ;D

Wardukw

Righto guys ...heres the pics of the Spad as promised  ;D
DSCF3821 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3825 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3826 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3828 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3829 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3831 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3832 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3837 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3838 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Well there ya go ..the first WW1 plane i have built ,,,ever ...i remembered that the other bi plane i built when i was a kid was a DH Tigermoth and i will bet good money it didnt look anything like this one  ;D 

frank2056

Awesome job, Phill! The camo pattern really looks good. You could probably fool a few JMNs with this.

Wardukw

Thanks Frank mate  ;D
I just thought the camo would work as there was a heap of weird and colourful paint jobs in WW1 ,,so why not huh ?

comrade harps

That's stunning. The blue and white wors really well.

What paint did you use for the wings? A buff or something like that?
Whatever.

Wardukw

Thank ya muchly Harps mate   ;D
The paint is just Tamiya buff sprayed on and then a second coat which was slightly darkend for the gaps between the stitching on the wings and then buff again to blend it a little better .

Tophe

This French camo is surprising, like blue clouds on white sky. I should watch better the sky here in France around me (unless this has disappeard in 1930)?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Gondor

Quote from: Tophe on December 31, 2022, 01:13:51 AMThis French camo is surprising, like blue clouds on white sky. I should watch better the sky here in France around me (unless this has disappeard in 1930)?

It would be if the roundels were not Italian.

Great job  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Tophe

Quote from: Gondor on December 31, 2022, 02:00:27 AM
Quote from: Tophe on December 31, 2022, 01:13:51 AMThis French camo is surprising, like blue clouds on white sky. I should watch better the sky here in France around me (unless this has disappeard in 1930)?
It woould be if the roundels were not Italian.
Oh, that explains all! yes? ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

Cheers guys  ;D ...yup many thanks to Chris who sent me those Italian roundels this plane would have been British and it's not a case of I glad it isn't..I just wanted something different and I got that  :thumbsup:
The camo Tophe mate is made up ..it don't belong to anyone and trust me I looked  :lol:
Again I just wanted something different.

NARSES2

That really does work, terrific job  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..