Main Menu

JASDF F-2D

Started by Firefox, December 21, 2022, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefox

This one was on the shelve for a long while. Finally I've got the drive to get it done, right after the twin project. The donation kit was the Hasegawa 1/72 F-2B. and the canard are from the similar scale Rafale

One might wonder what happened to the air intake. It's my own silly mistake. I forgot to put some counter weight in the nose section and it ended up tail sitting because of the delta wings. I have to put some milliput in the intake to balance it up.

Wardukw

Finally a Japanese figther which don't look like a license built copy of something else..lovely Fox mate ..best looking Japanese aircraft I've seen in a very long time. :thumbsup:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Yes, sir! Very cool! I've seen images of that design for quite some time on the web. Your rendition has come out beautiful! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Firefox

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 21, 2022, 03:16:55 AMYes, sir! Very cool! I've seen images of that design for quite some time on the web. Your rendition has come out beautiful! :thumbsup:

Yes, I saw some images on the web as well. They inspired me to make a similar one out of them  ;D

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

SPINNERS

Lovely stuff. Well done.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 21, 2022, 12:39:33 AMFinally a Japanese figther which don't look like a license built copy of something else..lovely Fox mate ..best looking Japanese aircraft I've seen in a very long time. :thumbsup:  ;D

I thought the F-2 WAS a licence built version of the F-16 anyway, isn't it?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Firefox

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 21, 2022, 09:56:00 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 21, 2022, 12:39:33 AMFinally a Japanese figther which don't look like a license built copy of something else..lovely Fox mate ..best looking Japanese aircraft I've seen in a very long time. :thumbsup:  ;D

It is sort of licensed built but with redesigned canopy and wings. It was based on the unused F-16 Agile Falcon concept.

McColm

Tophe

Super mix F-2+Rafale, congratulations ! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

What Firefox said  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 21, 2022, 02:49:02 PM

What Firefox said  ;D

Yep, and it wasn't just the wings, stabs and canopy, the fuselage is a bit longer and front section from the LERX to the nose is wider.

I remember reading somewhere in the F-16.net site, that the Agile Falcon would have the same F-16 fuselage but the wings and stabs were bigger like on the F-2A, to return the agility robbed from the original F-16 LWF design, which was lighter than the F-16A because it didn't have all the extra equipment demanded by the USAF.
I took that route when i built my Block 70 based on the Agile Falcon concept. ;)

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..