On models, whisky and other important things in life

Started by TomZ, December 30, 2022, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Magic! Did plan to go there, but had some social activities. We'll see it in near future at an airshow .

David aka 63cpe

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

wow great looking builds/blog (just found it  ;D ) especially like the look of the F13F-1 Lion & the He 362 :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

perttime

Quote from: TomZ on July 08, 2023, 09:28:04 AMI saw something today which I never expected to see. A flying Fokker D-21!
A rebuilt Fokker D-21 which had it's initial flying display today.
https://www.fokkerd21.com/en/

TomZ

I came across it some time before it was ready to fly. A Finnish colour scheme would be great - even temporarily.

Old Wombat

And it flew on my 61st birthday! ;D

Wonderful restoration job! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

perttime

There's probably not much of the original in it - but neither is there in many restored Spitfires.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

The Fokker, I'm still slowly, but at an ever increasing rate, falling apart. ;D  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Rat

Speaking of whisky (hey, it's in the thread title), I got hold of some Aber Falls a few weeks ago, to tickle my 1/8th Welsh blood. It didn't last long!  :drink:

And that Lion redefines the word 'awsome'!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

TomZ

Quote from: The Rat on July 16, 2023, 11:37:44 AMSpeaking of whisky (hey, it's in the thread title), I got hold of some Aber Falls a few weeks ago, to tickle my 1/8th Welsh blood. It didn't last long!  :drink:

I never tried the Aber Falls. I did have the Penderryn from Wales though. Excelent!

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

TomZ

No modelling progress here. I was on holiday with the Boss... So no time for modelling.

But we are home again and I have openen this one:

Man, this is nice!!!!!!

TomZ

NARSES2

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Beermonster58

Quote from: TomZ on August 09, 2023, 11:10:42 AMNo modelling progress here. I was on holiday with the Boss... So no time for modelling.

But we are home again and I have openen this one:

Man, this is nice!!!!!!

TomZ

Hmmm! I'd go for a 10 year old Laphroaig myself! Or, perhaps a 12 year old Bunnahabhain! ;)  :drink:
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

TomZ