Main Menu

Gun Truck...

Started by Wardukw, December 30, 2022, 03:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

;D ..thanks guys ...I picked up some paint yesterday..Tamiyas olive green which will look ten times better than earth which I painted some of it with...thought I'd give it a blast..nope..it don't work.
This should make look much better.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

OK I'm happy now..that earth is all gone ..replaced with a lightened olive green ..the normal shade is to dark ..now I looks the way I wanted ..well what the squishy bit in my head saw anyway...more painting tomorrow..it's detail time then as well  ;D
Oh crap..just remembered I gotta paint all that ammo too..  :-\
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Pellson

I assume its 1/35, yeah? Your attention to detail and ability to produce that squareness feeling we all want when we're thinking homebuilt armour is amazing! Ffs, Phil, I'm almost shaky to my knees!

Looking much forward to see this done, and then I'm far from an armour builder.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

Hahaha Pellson matte...everybody is a armour modeller..they just don't know it yet  ;D
And yep it's 1/35th..it's the only scale I work with in the armoured world ..does take up space tho  :o
The next idea I have has tracks and again..it's not very small and thanks to Captain Canada there's a possible bridge layer in the brain pan too.

kerick

That's getting better all the time!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

A bit of a back story I've been dreaming up.

April 17th...2026..Poland..
Nothing happened that day ..not much at all really at Base Campion.
A combined peace keepers base with a force of only 139 men is located 10 kms north west of the beautiful 11th century city of Chojnice .
The base had the forces of 5 countries posted there...the US..Canada..UK..Sweden and Germany.
Sitting on the out skirts of the Tuchola Forest the base was set up 3 yrs previously in accordance with the IEPC..or the International European Peace Council...24 countries got together and set this Council in motion after the conflict which in some neighboring countries and with NATO becoming defunct in 2023 is was decided that a more powerful force was needed and less politics involved.
Some saw this as a bad idea ..saying being quick on the trigger would cause more harm than good ...as it turns out that was the last thing which happened..the politicians stuck their heads into proceedings and everything stalled as pur usual.
The bases were built and manned and then as some soldiers put it....the European Military Holiday camp association started.
The men spent more time sitting around than doing much of anything else..very few exercises were planned and even less were put into action...vehicle maintenance was slowed to the point that more vehicles sat in the "deadpool" than drove.
The chain of command as Camp Campion would be described as ..easy..you know when command is relaxed when the officers spend more time playing football or basketball/baseball ..in the Americans case...than doing actual military operations..
The simple fact is that the camps commanding officer would rather be surfing which is impossible as their is no surf beaches when in several thousand miles ...he is not impressed with his command.
Things began to change how ever on April the 18th.
Chojnice with its estimated population of 40.000 people and  is a favorite spot of many of the forces to visit when they have RnR which is quite often.
Some of the men have girlfriends and "not girlfriends" and as anyone reading this can imagine the men don't go on a lot of picnics.
It was 4:22pm when the first man reported to sick bay..stomach problems..then a second and third and then a forth.
The first attack was reported by the camps physician that that same day when a Private Arnold bit a Private Hansson..a Swiss soldier posted as part of the Swiss contingent.
It was decided to visit the local doctor in Chojnice to see if any other cases have been reported only to see from nearly two miles away buildings ablaze and explosions and as the team got closer they saw a site which sickened them to their very cores.
People attacking and biting each other and tearing into the victims like crazed animals.
The team didn't bring any weapons of any sort because who would ? ..they were only going to make a doctors visit..not a combined arms assault.
Making out of the city didn't prove to much a problem..the camp is a different matter..getting in wasn't a issue ..the gates were wide open..men running at others trying to run away..other with arms shooting the crazed ones ..growling and some sounding like demonic creatures they didn't even seem to notice the bullets slamming into their bodies....the only thing that was ..well killing? ..them was the total destruction of the body..this was discovered when a soldier with a M4/M203 fired the M203 grenade launcher at one of blew it apart with a nearly point blank shot.
It wasn't long before the dead seemed to be everywhere..the camp locked itself down as much as possible ..fire fights were a every day occurrence with anything and everything being used ..
At first the M3A3 Bradley fighting vehicle was doing a great job using its 30mm cannon to great affect destroying these monsters with little difficulty or any at all really.
Problems arose with the vehicles ammo..the cannon rounds were running out as there wasn't a massive store of ammo to start with.
The Germans where at the fences using their Fenneks remote weapons stations but with only being armed with Mg3 7.62mm machine guns they were using more ammo and getting very little results for their work.
The Fenneks armed with a CROWS turret had much better results using .50 caliber machine guns and MK19 automatic grenade launchers.
The Swiss and Canadians hadn't even gotten their vehicles yet and the UKs PUMA IFVs hadn't even received their 40mm rounds for their Bofors main guns.
Things you could say were heading down a steep path with no brakes .
Communications was the only thing which worked and worked very well indeed.
Being able to make contact with Germany..the Czech Republic and Slovakia made life better and worse at the same time..finding out this problem of the dead or demons or infected or whatever you want to call these damned things are everywhere.
Germany had been attacked by the infected 3 days before Chojnice and 2 days before that the Czechs were attacked.
The word of attacked being used is the easiest way to describe what is happening as it's easier for the military .
With the ammunition problems becoming serious face to face contact was needed and everything was done to make this happen.
Of the 139 troops that were based at Camp Campion only 17 survived..made up of the troops of the five presented countries these men made any vehicles that would move move ..three HEMTTs where made ready..up armouring the fronts to run over the infected and extra fuel tanks which were taken from dead trucks mounted..it's was planned to get to Germany as it's the closed country without stopping ...for anything.
Stralsund Germany...five yrs later.
Having made it to Germany those yrs ago the 17 ..which they call themselves and they go by Unit 17 in their operations...made contact with the survivors and German military personnel and over several months small areas at first where secured ..barricades built linking buildings together..the island of Danholm has been set up as the main base/ living with the 2 bridges and railway sealed with controlled entries ...the city itself is slowly being turned into a medieval walled city using containers borrowed from around the city and Port.
So far a wall has been built with 4 gates from Stadtwald to Franken Mitte .
One of the ways to provide security is with vehicles..armed with large caliber guns and one such is the Sargeants revenge...named after a English Sargeant Colin Towers who gave up his life to protect his men from a horde .
One of the benefits of being in Germany is the stores of old russian equipment left over from the East German days and with the help of the locals many interesting things have been found hidden away or just plain forgotten.
Everything from BTR 50s and T55 tanks ..several ZSU-57-2 anti aircraft vehicles were amongst the stores in one warehouse along with an estimated amount of 2100 rds of ammo.
The BTR50s all run and the T55s as well but these are not used at all..to slow and to much maintenance.
Mounting the turret from the ZSU wasn't a difficult task with some good old fashioned German engineering and some hard work the Sargeants revenge was built.
With it 2 57mm guns any hordes are dealt with in short order.
The rounds are frag..HeT and APT ..the APT rounds are not used as an armour piercing tracer isn't alot of use against soft targets but the High Expolsive Tracer and Fragmention are extremely useful and being used only for very large groups the ammo will last many times longer .
In the workshops ten more trucks or known as ZWTs ( Zombie wacking trucks) are being built.
Based on Mercedes Actros.. MAN..Kraz and Tatra 8x4 and 8x8 truck's these will be armed with everything which can be used including four will be using the turrets from the formentioned T55s .
Yeah I know..this is much longer than I thought but I was enjoying myself  ;D

Old Wombat

That's another fine mess Zombie Apocalypse you've gotten us into, Stanley Phill! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

May not be my thing to build but the work done looks very good indeed! And the story is also very good. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Cheers Guy and Doggy mate  <_<
Scarey thing...it could have been 3 times longer than that..the more I wrote the more ideas popped into my head..ya just gotta love zombies for jetting the brain juices flowing  :thumbsup:

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 15, 2023, 11:24:35 AMCheers Guy and Doggy mate  <_<
Scarey thing...it could have been 3 times longer than that..the more I wrote the more ideas popped into my head..ya just gotta love zombies for jetting the brain juices flowing  :thumbsup:

Careful with those flowing juices now!!  :o  :wacko:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Ummm yeah....jetting is not exactly the word I was going for  ;D  :wacko:

buzzbomb

Stellar work. Everything looks ace and the workmanship A1.

Wardukw

Thank ya Buzzy mate  ;D
Can give a bit of a update  ...it's been repainted and I've started work on the cabs interior which is coming along ok for now ..adding a couple of personal weapons and will be some drink bottles..im not going nuts inside as these vehicles don't get used a huge amount so it's not full of the crews crap and rubbish .
Dry brushing and washing is next on the cards..which is going to take a wee while..there's quite a bit to do .