My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Rick Lowe on August 06, 2023, 10:48:47 PMA baggie of Li'l Fellas... 1/72 pilot figures, for the cost of the postage.
Mainly WW2 style helmets and Bone Domes, but also the odd one that's a bit different, which should do for anything SyFy or Early era.
My Pilot-y needs are about filled for now... as are those for any modern Tank Crew I find I need... ;)  :thumbsup:

Italeri 72nd Luftwaffe air crew, from the Ju 86 or He 111 are worth getting, as they have arms and legs, which makes them more versatile. Just given a load to a mate who does figures.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

An Eduard masking  set for the Bv 141 (and the Bv 148 of course...) a superb decal set of caprtured F1 190s/ta 152, some of which will go on the Bv 148, and an Xdradecel set of decals for 4 (AC) Sqdn, my Dad's first unit. Everything there from Hawker Audaxes to BAe Hawks. Some RW builds in the offing I think.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

These arrived today (well, actually Thursday but I didn't get the mail until today);

From BNA Model World in Melbourne:
1 x AFV Club 1/35 Stryker M1126 with CROWS-J (Javelin missile turret) (AFV-AF35343)
2 x AFV Club 1/48 Air-to-Ground Weaponry set #A - US Aircraft Bomb Weapon Set (AFV-AR48107)
1 x FC Model Trend 1/35 Merkava 4 Chain Curtain (FC-35698)

And as an unexpected bonus;

From Plastic Models Store in Kyiv:
2 x Print Scale 1/35 Pixel camouflage of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (PRS050-CAMO)
2 x Breeze Decals 1/35 Ukraine digital camouflage pattern (for figures) (BD35-001)
https://plastic-models-store.com/

The camo patterns are pretty-much identical but the colours are a bit different, which works for differentiating between BDUs & body armour.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

Forgive me, Father, for I have committed the grievous of sins.  I have purchased a Unicraft kit.

In my defence, it is the Supermarine Type 325 (twin engined and a precursor to the Type 327 as produced by Freightdog) and was very cheap.  Destined to be remastered, possibly as both the Types 324 and 325.

This is the box.  I strongly suspect that the artwork is the best thing about the kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 07, 2023, 04:05:54 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on August 06, 2023, 10:48:47 PMA baggie of Li'l Fellas... 1/72 pilot figures, for the cost of the postage.
Mainly WW2 style helmets and Bone Domes, but also the odd one that's a bit different, which should do for anything SyFy or Early era.
My Pilot-y needs are about filled for now... as are those for any modern Tank Crew I find I need... ;)  :thumbsup:

Italeri 72nd Luftwaffe air crew, from the Ju 86 or He 111 are worth getting, as they have arms and legs, which makes them more versatile. Just given a load to a mate who does figures.

Good to know - in general Italeri are pretty good, and very useful to hack about. At least the legs are separate, unlike Airfix's predilection to mould their modern figures with 'lounging pose' legs...

Wardukw

Just had a fantastic find on trademe and I just won a Airfix 72nd Vulcan C MK2 .
My very first V bomber 😄
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

The seller who I got the Vulcan from just offered me this Legend Productions 1/48 F/A-18A/C Cockpit resin upgrade set...for 20 bucks .
Guess what I did next 😉 ☺️
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on August 08, 2023, 01:31:24 AMThe seller who I got the Vulcan from just offered me this Legend Productions 1/48 F/A-18A/C Cockpit resin upgrade set...for 20 bucks .

Cold shower?  Talk to your confessor about temptation?  Self flagellation?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 07, 2023, 02:18:02 PMForgive me, Father, for I have committed the grievous of sins.  I have purchased a Unicraft kit.

In my defence, it is the Supermarine Type 325 (twin engined and a precursor to the Type 327 as produced by Freightdog) and was very cheap.  Destined to be remastered, possibly as both the Types 324 and 325.

This is the box.  I strongly suspect that the artwork is the best thing about the kit.

Who are you, and what have you done with Lee?  :-\

He'd NEVER buy a Unicraft ki.t, indeed he'd even throw them back if they were given to him!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 07, 2023, 02:18:02 PMForgive me, Father, for I have committed the grievous of sins.  I have purchased a Unicraft kit.

That's a whiff in a box!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 08, 2023, 04:44:25 AM

Who are you, and what have you done with Lee?  :-\

He'd NEVER buy a Unicraft ki.t, indeed he'd even throw them back if they were given to him!

Should we call "GHOSTBUSTERS" ?  :angel:

Must admit I've a couple of Unicraft's in the stash that I'm dying to build, until I open the box  :rolleyes:  Having said that there is a sense of satisfaction when you finish one.  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

I think assembling this item, with or without your own inimitable modifications will most definitely count in your favour as "  a work of supererogation   "
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on August 08, 2023, 02:34:57 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on August 08, 2023, 01:31:24 AMThe seller who I got the Vulcan from just offered me this Legend Productions 1/48 F/A-18A/C Cockpit resin upgrade set...for 20 bucks .

Cold shower?  Talk to your confessor about temptation?  Self flagellation?
Ummm .. huh?? What?? Noooo !! None of the above Fred ..or below or sideways  ;D  ;D
Aussie type ppl ask bloody strange questions 🙄 😊

DogfighterZen

Been waiting for this one for a few days...  :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 08, 2023, 03:42:17 PMBeen waiting for this one for a few days...  :mellow:

Great score Rui but then it's the wrong scale so now I'll say ...nice score  :wacko:  :wacko:  ;D