My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw on August 08, 2023, 09:04:32 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 08, 2023, 03:42:17 PMBeen waiting for this one for a few days...  :mellow:

Great score Rui but then it's the wrong scale so now I'll say ...nice score  :wacko:  :wacko:  ;D

If you can find me a Tamiya 1/48 kit of this bird for a decent price, i'll take it.  ;)
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Having carved off the exhausts from the front engine of one of my Lindberg 1/72 Do225s, and purloined the props as well, just in case, I'm wondering how I could re-engine it and slide it in for the current GB. Maybe an early jet, with a looooooooooooooooong jetpipe of course?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 09, 2023, 02:53:06 AMHaving carved off the exhausts from the front engine of one of my Lindberg 1/72 Do225s, and purloined the props as well, just in case, I'm wondering how I could re-engine it and slide it in for the current GB. Maybe an early jet, with a looooooooooooooooong jetpipe of course?

There were mixed propulsion ideas for the Do 335, the simplest one having the rear engine replaced with an axial jet and then with a "simple" fin.

There were more/other concepts as well, including pusher-alone AW/N fighters, and some of them had jet engines under the (extended) wings as boosters.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 09, 2023, 02:29:10 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 08, 2023, 03:42:17 PMBeen waiting for this one for a few days...  :mellow:

Great score Rui but then it's the wrong scale so now I'll say ...nice score  :wacko:  :wacko:  ;D

If you can find me a Tamiya 1/48 kit of this bird for a decent price, i'll take it.  ;)
Funny ya say that mate cause yesterday I found exactly that here on Trademe..Tamiya 48th Do335 with a starting bid of $59 nz ..here that's cheap  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

You guys ever had one of those days where you don't intend to buy a single model related thing?
And then you walk into your favorite LHS and that plan goes straight out the window.
Well after about an hour and the boss turning up early I left with 37 jars of paint..Tamiya..Floquil..Testors and Hobby Color...multiple bit and bobs of 5mm x 20mm brass stock along with plate and tubing..alloy tubing aswell.
Also..3 started kits..a Tamiya 35th M3 Stuart...a Italeri 35th 40mm Bofors and a best but..a Revell 1300L Unimog .
I'd already made two pic ups this morning which I've already told ya'll about but ill list em for the short of memory 😆.
Academy F-15 Seymour Johnson Strike Eagle.
Hasegawa F-104 Starfigther.
Trumpeter Westland Whirlwind..what i didn't know and wasn't told is that it also included a mack set and a Eduard PE set for the cockpit 👍
Also from my mate Aaron ..the Airfix Vulcan and Legend F-18 cockpit.
Then I stopped at Seagulls Centre..same as salvation army or st Vincent d Paul..drop crap off..then it get sold ..proceeds go to charity..well most of the money.
Turns out I'd won a Airfix MK XIV Spitfire from a auction and then I found 46 aircraft mags..10 notes for all the of em.😀
Been a pretty good day ☺️
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

A lovely package of resin odds and ends from the North East arrived today, which included a wonderful and very 'Luftwaffe looking' tail turret that's destined for the Bv 148. Plus lots and LOTS of all sorts of other resin lovelies that I'll find a use for somewhere I'm sure.   :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Something from evil-bay which falls under the category of "kits I trashed in my youth".

Mmmmmmmm, yellow...
This time i'll use nose weight.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

LOVELY! The yellow ones were always the crispest mouldings.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 07, 2023, 02:18:02 PMForgive me, Father, for I have committed the grievous of sins.  I have purchased a Unicraft kit.

In my defence, it is the Supermarine Type 325 (twin engined and a precursor to the Type 327 as produced by Freightdog) and was very cheap.  Destined to be remastered, possibly as both the Types 324 and 325.

This is the box.  I strongly suspect that the artwork is the best thing about the kit.

I'd have bought that for the box art, very cool indeed  :mellow:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw on August 09, 2023, 08:49:26 AM

Funny ya say that mate cause yesterday I found exactly that here on Trademe..Tamiya 48th Do335 with a starting bid of $59 nz ..here that's cheap  ;D

That would just become too expensive... even if it was sold at that price, after adding shipping and customs fees, it would probably come out at least twice the price of the model itself... i'll have to find one at a good price or Tamiya has to rerelease that kit, making it widely available here in the EU. :rolleyes:

Quote from: Wardukw on August 09, 2023, 10:28:25 PMYou guys ever had one of those days where you don't intend to buy a single model related thing?
And then you walk into your favorite LHS and that plan goes straight out the window.
Well after about an hour and the boss turning up early I left with 37 jars of paint..Tamiya..Floquil..Testors and Hobby Color...multiple bit and bobs of 5mm x 20mm brass stock along with plate and tubing..alloy tubing aswell.
Also..3 started kits..a Tamiya 35th M3 Stuart...a Italeri 35th 40mm Bofors and a best but..a Revell 1300L Unimog .
I'd already made two pic ups this morning which I've already told ya'll about but ill list em for the short of memory 😆.
Trumpeter Westland Whirlwind..what i didn't know and wasn't told is that it also included a mack set and a Eduard PE set for the cockpit 👍
Then I stopped at Seagulls Centre..same as salvation army or st Vincent d Paul..drop crap off..then it get sold ..proceeds go to charity..well most of the money.
Turns out I'd won a Airfix MK XIV Spitfire from a auction and then I found 46 aircraft mags..10 notes for all the of em.😀

That's quite a haul... especially when you weren't going to buy model stuff. ;D Those Academy F-15 kits look very good in the box, i got two of those "Seymour Johnson" and two of the F-15C MSIP II. With the C kit, you get lots of extra parts from the E's sprues (Weapons, pilots, engines, etc.), all of good quality, making these kits very good value for money. The pilots even have two choices of helmets with a normal one or a JHMCS. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 10, 2023, 12:11:33 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on August 09, 2023, 08:49:26 AM

That would just become too expensive... even if it was sold at that price, after adding shipping and customs fees, it would probably come out at least twice the price of the model itself... i'll have to find one at a good price or Tamiya has to rerelease that kit, making it widely available here in the EU. :rolleyes:

Quote from: Wardukw on August 09, 2023, 10:28:25 PMYou guys ever had one of those days where you don't intend to buy a single model related thing?

That's quite a haul... especially when you weren't going to buy model stuff. ;D Those Academy F-15 kits look very good in the box, i got two of those "Seymour Johnson" and two of the F-15C MSIP II. With the C kit, you get lots of extra parts from the E's sprues (Weapons, pilots, engines, etc.), all of good quality, making these kits very good value for money. The pilots even have two choices of helmets with a normal one or a JHMCS. :mellow:
Well the 3 great scores ...the 15, 104 and the Whirlwind were paid for nearly 3 weeks ago and this week I was finally able to pick them up .
The Vulcan was just a bloody amazing stroke of luck..I think the seller added the super cheap buynow cause he saw me watching his listing and I've brought from him for quite a while now and ya think I'm gonna turn down a $45nz price tag..nope 😉 😜 ..oh $25 nz for the F-18 cockpit  :thumbsup:
Now heres the real kicker ...what if payed for all the
other goodies..$ 50 nz 😃😃

DogfighterZen

It's always a good day when you get new models, no matter how much you paid for them... :mellow:

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 10, 2023, 12:43:27 PMIt's always a good day when you get new models, no matter how much you paid for them... :mellow:
Damn skippy bud  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
It's even better when it's models ive never had before too  ;D

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..