My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killnoizer

Quote from: zenrat on September 13, 2023, 04:28:55 AMHobby Tools Australia are having a sale.
I got glue, liquid gravity, PPP, and a selection of evergreen.

What the hell is liquid gravity.  Is that needed on the downside of earth ? 
I could pack some European gravity in a box and sent it to you , we had them for free here !
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

PR19_Kit

It's a plastic bottle full of little lead-like pellets to use for noseweight. It even has a nozzle thing on top to ease pouring it into the nose of your model. Made by De Luxe in the UK.

I'm sure the pellets aren't actually lead, but they're pretty heavy.

Of course it may not work in the Antipodes as it will make your model's noses LIGHTER.......................   ;)  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 14, 2023, 11:49:31 PMI'm sure the pellets aren't actually lead, but they're pretty heavy.

I'd assume these are steel balls for/from ball bearings?

Wardukw

My fav is OOO bird shot from 12g shotgun rounds ..weights a heap and I did have a ton of it ..got Gove about 200 rds which had been left in a barrel which got filled with rain water and forgotten about.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 14, 2023, 11:49:31 PMIt's a plastic bottle full of little lead-like pellets to use for noseweight. It even has a nozzle thing on top to ease pouring it into the nose of your model. Made by De Luxe in the UK.

I'm sure the pellets aren't actually lead, but they're pretty heavy.

Of course it may not work in the Antipodes as it will make your model's noses LIGHTER.......................   ;)  ;)

I think they are actually depleted uranium.
 :mellow:
I mix them with epoxy to make heavy glue.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 15, 2023, 12:12:30 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 14, 2023, 11:49:31 PMI'm sure the pellets aren't actually lead, but they're pretty heavy.

I'd assume these are steel balls for/from ball bearings?

I think you're right Dizzy, although I've never tried them with a magnet.

I've got some similar stuff that I bought years ago at a small, local show from a guy behind one of the club stands. That plus the wheel balancing weights I still have should see me out, especially as I build very few models that require it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 14, 2023, 02:36:04 AMA Revell 1:72 F-16A (newer mold), either to become a Kenyan Air Force aircraft some day,

That's a very interesting idea  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 14, 2023, 07:18:03 AMSnaffled another Airfix Bv 141 off eBay.

Think I'm going a bit collectory on them.

So when Kit see's the price go through the roof he knows who to blame ?  ;D

Leading Observer

From a LMS the eduard MiG-21MF Weekend edition and from CanMilAir Decals their MiG CF-121 Redhawk 441qn decal set
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 15, 2023, 05:56:22 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 14, 2023, 02:36:04 AMA Revell 1:72 F-16A (newer mold), either to become a Kenyan Air Force aircraft some day,

Well, I have been wanting to build a Kenyan Strikemaster for a long time, but this is not whiffy. So I wondered what a successor for the Kenyan F-5E/Fs could be, and the F-16 appears to be the only "realistic" option.  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 15, 2023, 06:20:53 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 15, 2023, 05:56:22 AM

Well, I have been wanting to build a Kenyan Strikemaster for a long time, but this is not whiffy. So I wondered what a successor for the Kenyan F-5E/Fs could be, and the F-16 appears to be the only "realistic" option.  ;D

It's certainly an option I could see happening.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 15, 2023, 05:57:13 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 14, 2023, 07:18:03 AMSnaffled another Airfix Bv 141 off eBay.

Think I'm going a bit collectory on them.

So when Kit see's the price go through the roof he knows who to blame ?  ;D

He got the ones he needed a while back. Besides which, I'm not paying more than a tenner for the base kit, I don't factor in postage. If it goes above a certain price or I get outbid, it goes elsewhere.  I only go above and beyond if it's something I really want.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Nick

IBG Scammell Pioneer SV/1S Heavy Breakdown Tractor

You should have seen the look on my face last night at the club night when I opened the box. We're doing a Group Build of the Scammell Pioneer truck in 1/72 from IBG. There are various versions and I chose the SV/1S which has the big crane on the back, plus it was on special offer from Hannants  ;)

I don't think any of us realised just how complex these kits are. The instructions are 16 A4 pages of glossy colour diagrams. You really have to build the truck all the way up from the wheels. The chassis has at least 30 parts plus etch. The drivers cab has a rack for the Lee-Enfields and the crane is a piece of engineering on its own.

Did I mention we're doing all these for Telford and our club night is the Thursday before? No pressure  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

I've a few IBG kits Nick and even the armour with one piece, or near enough, running gear is a little fiddly. Best of luck  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 15, 2023, 12:12:30 AMI'd assume these are steel balls for/from ball bearings?

They're not shiny though, mine are a quite dull dark grey colour.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit