My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Met up with Martin and Richard at the Brampton / St Ives show yesterday. Had some good long chats with various people including David Hart of the 144SIG. Very nice day out despite the abysmal food service at the bar. Made up for it with a nice drink and evening snack at The Floods pub in town.

I came home with an Italian armoured car and some aircrew. As you do!

Italeri Autoblinda AB41 - just looks interesting.
CMK 72038 figures - 2 French pilots and 1 mechanic. Should adapt easily to any NATO aircraft.
All in 1/72

PR19_Kit

Missed the Brampton Show AGAIN!

One day I'll get there...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 25, 2023, 06:03:03 AM
Quote from: Pellson on September 24, 2023, 07:38:08 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 24, 2023, 05:53:07 AMDoes it have an interior?

I has a cockpit, and as it'll become a "bombcordski", that's all it'll need.  Actually, I might replace the seats with bang seats just to make a point of that..

Why not have a "module/capsule" escape system similar to the F-111 ?

Worth considering.  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

killnoizer

Have i shown this old beast ?
 Bought it last month or so ...

I think i have to go with it into steam punk direction or something like that ...  maybe a MANGA Style .

Hundred crazy parts,  but no real manual
( at the first time that i want one !   ) .

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

killnoizer

Quote from: Nick on September 25, 2023, 06:38:54 AMMet up with Martin and Richard at the Brampton / St Ives show yesterday. Had some good long chats with various people including David Hart of the 144SIG. Very nice day out despite the abysmal food service at the bar. Made up for it with a nice drink and evening snack at The Floods pub in town.

I came home with an Italian armoured car and some aircrew. As you do!

Italeri Autoblinda AB41 - just looks interesting.
CMK figures - French pilot and 2 mechanics. Should adapt easily to any NATO aircraft.
All in 1/72

Haha , at first i think you meet some guys from a airbase , who drive you home in their Army vehicle ... 
Not unusual for me .  :thumbsup:
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

PR19_Kit

Yes, you sure need a manual for it. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

I know, I know..  but when some, rarer kits appear on the market, you just have to at least try for them. Even when the timing is bad.

The old Esci Skoshi Tiger kit has two very definitive factors benefitting it, namely the included RF-5A camera nose and its overall very good accuracy and general appearance. A downside though, these days, is that they're not only getting rarer and rarer, they're also becoming more expensive when one does become available.

You cannot view this attachment.

This one, however, ended well below £20, which, while still being a rather handsome sum for such a small amount of plastic, actually is just above half of the asking price for most I've seen on the market over the last two years or so. Accordingly, it's now on its way to my StashTM, most likely eventually ending up as a mildly whiffed/modernised European NATO fighter bomber. After all, there's an abundance of RW users that could have kept them on for a bit longer, provided some relatively minor updates of avionics and armament, wouldn't you say?
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

scooter

Quote from: Pellson on September 25, 2023, 02:29:50 PMYou cannot view this attachment.

This one, however, ended well below £20, which, while still being a rather handsome sum for such a small amount of plastic, actually is just above half of the asking price for most I've seen on the market over the last two years or so. Accordingly, it's now on its way to my StashTM, most likely eventually ending up as a mildly whiffed/modernised European NATO fighter bomber. After all, there's an abundance of RW users that could have kept them on for a bit longer, provided some relatively minor updates of avionics and armament, wouldn't you say?
There's always the IRIAF.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

jcf

Quote from: scooter on September 25, 2023, 02:49:09 PM
Quote from: Pellson on September 25, 2023, 02:29:50 PMYou cannot view this attachment.

There's always the IRIAF.
Iran had already sold on the majority of their F-5As before the revolution and replaced them with F-5E/F. 

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Pellson on September 25, 2023, 12:04:48 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 24, 2023, 09:53:21 PM
Quote from: Pellson on September 24, 2023, 11:09:31 AMbut if you haven't thought about where I am to store it, chances are that Mrs P won't either. Maybe..  :angel:

But you keep telling us she's a lot smarter than that...  ;)

She is indeed. But the last thing leaving man is hope.. :rolleyes:

Ah, well. I'd better sort myself out and continue building instead.

Indeed!  ;D

And that's a Plan - "I'm building more, Dear, so that there's more room for further additions."
It's worth a try...  ;)

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Pellson on September 25, 2023, 02:29:50 PMA downside though, these days, is that they're not only getting rarer and rarer, they're also becoming more expensive when one does become available.

At least the kit is also available through a lot of re-boxings, including Italeri and Revell. I am just not certain if the molds have been updated since the original release in the Eighties?

zenrat

From Mako Models on Evil-Bay.

AZ De Havilland Hornet PR2.
KP MiG 19S.
Art Model MiG 9 (I-210.  Radial engined MiG 3 variant - not the early jet).

All in the one true scale.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 26, 2023, 05:12:05 AMFrom Mako Models on Evil-Bay.

I've built the F.1, quite a nice kit. Only two things to watch out for. Firstly the exhausts don't fit the way the instructions would suggest, they disappear into the nacelle, and if you blank that off and try and attach them later then they protrude far to far. Not sure how I'll tackle my second boxing, but I'm sure you'll come up with a solution  :thumbsup: . Secondly there's no positive attachment for the undercarriage, however as you can't really see it behind the doors you can construct something for it to sit in even if it isn't prototypical.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Ordered from eBay this morning;
1/72 Revell Avro Shackleton AEW.2 which will be the donor kit with the front section of the Hasegawa Lockheed Neptune and rear tail.
Green Stuff putty/filler
Plastic cement glue
Wet and dry papers

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 26, 2023, 05:46:38 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 26, 2023, 05:12:05 AMFrom Mako Models on Evil-Bay.

I've built the F.1, quite a nice kit. Only two things to watch out for. Firstly the exhausts don't fit the way the instructions would suggest, they disappear into the nacelle, and if you blank that off and try and attach them later then they protrude far to far. Not sure how I'll tackle my second boxing, but I'm sure you'll come up with a solution  :thumbsup: . Secondly there's no positive attachment for the undercarriage, however as you can't really see it behind the doors you can construct something for it to sit in even if it isn't prototypical.

Thanks mate.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..