My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I built a Skysweeper in the 60s for my mate's model shop window, but I think that was a Renwall kit, the ones with 'invisible' gluing areas.

Is that the same kit?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 18, 2023, 06:52:37 AMI built a Skysweeper in the 60s for my mate's model shop window, but I think that was a Renwall kit, the ones with 'invisible' gluing areas.

Is that the same kit?
That's possible Kit as for some reason the box art seems extremely familiar to me and I'm not sure why . :o
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 18, 2023, 06:52:37 AMI built a Skysweeper in the 60s for my mate's model shop window, but I think that was a Renwall kit, the ones with 'invisible' gluing areas.

Is that the same kit?

Going by Scalemate it is the same kit.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on October 18, 2023, 01:30:43 PM

Is that the same kit?

Going by Scalemate it is the same kit.

Gondor
Well thank ya muchly Al  ;D  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

killnoizer

Funny stuff from old russia ...

Don't know the name of the ship , and not shure about the build of it .
It is very large , heavy kit with all stuff for the authentic Rig .

The METEOR is nice .

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

The Wooksta!

It's the old Frog kit.  Nice build.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Just received

1 x 1/72 Air-Graphics AC-180 Westland Wasp RR Nimbus Engine Set

1 x 1/72 Air-Graphics AC-181 Westland Wasp Cockpit/Interior Set.

I now have all the bits I need to build a Wasp as I had previously bought the other bits I need.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

The sailing ship looks like the Gorch Fock.
Gorch Fock

Wardukw

Goodies in the mail x 3 today..the RFM Panther G without tracks turned up and that's very yummy indeed..parts count isn't that bad..only about 450 minus the tracks which would add another 200 .
A very good score gents 😀

Next Is a sheet of Microscale decals for a 48th AV-8B Harrier .

And last but no least is a conversion set... a Kiwi Resin Models F-100 Super Sabre twin seat conversion..vacformed fuselage and bits..lovely resin cockpits and that's what I wanted.
Do I have a F-100? ..nope..am I gonna get one..nope and do I have plans for this..nope..but for 12 bucks who cares..more bits for the spares box 😊 :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

The decals ordered from Hannants have arrived, so I can get at least one of the Condors decalled.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Nick

Quote from: killnoizer on October 19, 2023, 05:36:25 AMFunny stuff from old russia ...

I think the name of the ship is on the side of the box. Any chance of a picture of that?

Rick Lowe

Wouldn't it be whatever is in between the << and >>?

And Phill, if the Skysweeper is unbuilt - or even if it's not - it could be worth a bit of money to a collector... just saying.

killnoizer

Quote from: Nick on October 19, 2023, 05:07:54 PM
Quote from: killnoizer on October 19, 2023, 05:36:25 AMFunny stuff from old russia ...

I think the name of the ship is on the side of the box. Any chance of a picture of that?

JCF was absolute correct, it is the Gorch Fock 1 , 
owned by Russia called TOWARISCH ( Friend / Fellow  )  .

Old Wombat

Anyone have a phone with a translator app? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

killnoizer

Here are so many dudes from the former East German republic ,, they learned Russian language in school   :thumbsup:

I received a lot of information from a collector , the kit is from 1986 +/-
The original ship went back to Germany , renamed in its original GORCH FOCK ( famous sailor ) and is a museum today in Stralsund at the Eastern Sea .   Birth name of my wife is Fock too