My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Found a local supermarket had some of their Lego Farm kits on sale, cheap... like $2-3 a pop... well, it was a good excuse to get some wheels. And other bits as well.
So a Farm Truck, Trailer, a couple of Milk Tankers (8 wheels each, those...) and a few Comboine Aarvesters followed me home.

Assembling them - to check for fit, and Quality Control purposes, of course! - it came to me that the clear windscreens could be repurposed for scratchbuilds - my CV-10 in particular.
The parts, while being c. 2mm thick, are nice and clear and therefore sturdy enough to cope with manipulation/mutilation, as well as being plenty big enough to provide lots of material for what I need.

Onwards!

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on February 09, 2023, 04:51:09 PM
Quote from: Gondor on February 08, 2023, 09:40:10 AM1 x 1/72 Hasegawa 02408 F-15EX Eagle II Bought so I could copy the bit's that make it an EX rather than an E as those parts are used with a couple of other variants.

I think quite a few of us could have use for that information, Alastair, so a detailed project thread, perhaps? 😉

I will see what I can do.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 09, 2023, 01:49:33 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 08, 2023, 09:34:16 AMDizzy that's a cool score..ugly as sin and would have been very interesting to fire  :o  ;D

Going offroad with this thing or even turning tight corners should have been interesting, too... The kit is nice, though. Tne casemate is a bolt-on resin piece, and there's a vast PE sheet which includes wire mesh side skirts. Now I know why it's normally so expensive!
No worries about off road, it was clearly designed for urban combat. It's tall so it can fire over the piles of rubble that used to be buildings.
:wacko:

JayBee

3 X AlleyCat Basset upgrade sets for the Airfix Beagle Basset as featured in last months Airfix Model World.
The mould quality is superb!
Why 3? Well I have three of the Airfix Vintage releases of the Basset, Simples!
Now the realy good news.
These were ordered yesterday afternoonm frrom Models For Sale ( www.modelsforsale.com )
It is now late morning, and they have arrived.
Now that is SERVICE.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Yes, Modelsforsale are a great bunch.

They're about 4-5 miles from my 'country home' in Northants and work out of a hefty industrial unit (Not the same size as Big H mind you....) that's STUFFED with kits. You can't go along there and browse like you can at Big H, but you can order stuff off their site and then nip round and collect them, I've done it numerous times.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received from eBay today

1 x 1/48 Special Hobby Sh 48214 Tempest Mk.II "The Last RAF Radial Engine Fighter" HI-TECH KIT. This kit has lots of resin detail parts such as the side of the engine, wheels and some cockpit parts. I already have the Aerocraft coweling for this model as some of the detailing on the non-open part of the coweling is missing but apparently is correct on the open panels   :unsure:

1x 1/72 Contrail Vickers Armstrong Warwick

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 09, 2023, 07:59:20 PMFound a local supermarket had some of their Lego Farm kits on sale, cheap... like $2-3 a pop... well, it was a good excuse to get some wheels. And other bits as well.
So a Farm Truck, Trailer, a couple of Milk Tankers (8 wheels each, those...) and a few Comboine Aarvesters followed me home.

Assembling them - to check for fit, and Quality Control purposes, of course! - it came to me that the clear windscreens could be repurposed for scratchbuilds - my CV-10 in particular.
The parts, while being c. 2mm thick, are nice and clear and therefore sturdy enough to cope with manipulation/mutilation, as well as being plenty big enough to provide lots of material for what I need.

Onwards!
May be worth joining Bricklink, as  you can get individual parts for sometimes coppers or less.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on February 11, 2023, 06:17:15 AMReceived from eBay today

1 x 1/48 Special Hobby Sh 48214 Tempest Mk.II "The Last RAF Radial Engine Fighter" HI-TECH KIT. This kit has lots of resin detail parts such as the side of the engine, wheels and some cockpit parts. I already have the Aerocraft coweling for this model as some of the detailing on the non-open part of the coweling is missing but apparently is correct on the open panels   :unsure:

Gondor

Saw that Warwick but decided that as I already had enough and, more importantly, am decidedly poor, I passed on it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 12, 2023, 05:17:08 AM
Quote from: Gondor on February 11, 2023, 06:17:15 AMReceived from eBay today

Gondor

Saw that Warwick but decided that as I already had enough and, more importantly, am decidedly poor, I passed on it.

There has been a couple recently, this was the cheaper one as the other started at £100

The Wooksta!

Ouch!

If and when I make a start on mine, several bits are getting moulded and cast.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 12, 2023, 06:03:06 AMOuch!

If and when I make a start on mine, several bits are getting moulded and cast.

:thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

Definitely the tail surfaces. Anything that makes future builds easier.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 12, 2023, 05:15:49 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 09, 2023, 07:59:20 PMFound a local supermarket had some of their Lego Farm kits on sale, cheap... like $2-3 a pop... well, it was a good excuse to get some wheels. And other bits as well.

Onwards!
May be worth joining Bricklink, as  you can get individual parts for sometimes coppers or less.

True, that would be another option.  :thumbsup:
Or the local Lego store, if there's one in your area.
Or make a connection with the local club... bits that no longer clip together securely, or are a little worn, can be had too - a good source of plain bricks for mould walls...

Old Wombat

My stash just grew by;

1 x Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster B.II (A08001)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Unexpectedly (yet with some intention) won a(nother) Märklin H0 scale locomotive via ev!lbay - just in time to be become a potential entry for the Fifties GB.  :lol:
Used, butr fully functional, and I even have a plan for it, whioch will involve some cosmetic work on the all-metal body and, of course, a new/different operator.