My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Just received this evening from jadlamraceing

1 x 1/144 Zvezda Tu-160 Blackjack

2 x 1/144 Revell Concorde

For a future build inspired by erica although I might swap the Tu-160 with the Trumpeter version I have in the loft.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Well the Hasegawa AV-8B Plus ll Harrier and the RFM Challenger 2 tracks came in today but so did a 1/24th Hasegawa Jordan 192 grand prix car ..trying to remember buying that  :o  :unsure:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

You could go all MaK/SF3D with that car! I believe the Pkf.85 Falke involved a sports car.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

That Falke is a flying somethin or rather bomber and Hasegawa did a anti-grav version and they are both pretty damn cool 😄
There might be another idea ticking in my head Ken but right now the temperature in my head is quite low so the idea is just simmering..when it get fully cooked then we might be on to something  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

I had put a back in stock notification on this with BNA and immediately snapped it up.

BBA14 Amphibian by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

It is the Modelsvit mould but it has been remastered.  Offering up sponson halves from both manufacturers kits shows they do not match each other.
I am able to do this as I now have three unbuilt BBA14s.  Land version, Balloon Test (inflatable float) version, and Amphibious version.   :mellow:

BBA 14s by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I'm interested to see which is the worse build - Modlesvit or A&A...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 02, 2023, 01:42:50 AMI'm interested to see which is the worse build - Modlesvit or A&A...

So this is the masochistic side of your nature coming out or penance for some sin ?   :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 02, 2023, 01:54:55 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 02, 2023, 01:42:50 AMI'm interested to see which is the worse build - Modlesvit or A&A...

So this is the masochistic side of your nature coming out or penance for some sin ?   :rolleyes:

The practical side.  I want an injection moulded 1/72 BBA14 and I don't think i'm likely to get any better options (surprise announcement by Airfix at Telford?  I think not).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

I'd be leaning towards the A&A kit being the better build.

My experience with the La-200B wasn't the greatest but it certainly wasn't attrocious, either.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

I got 2/3rds of the way through my modelsvit one of those several years ago, and it got shived in a box under my modelling chair, and stayed there ever since. Funnily (not) the Amodel 1/72nd scale Beriev BE 200 didn't get far either. :banghead:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

Snagged a Magna Firebrand TF.II on eBay.  I did have the Valom one but I always thought it over scale so sold it on some months back. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

The OldModels 1/200 RNZAF P8 transfers arrived the other day.
Now comes getting the Small, Smaller and TINY! things onto an already pretty wee model... with my eyes...

In other news:
2 sets of 1/35 Girls; an Horch-full and a Tank Crew.
Not sure what the end use will be, but they're Girls! and they were on special.
A 1/35 Panzer 4 interior, to become the exterior... or certainly more on show than Krupp intended... the minor warping of some parts will work well for that, methinks.

1/200 Boring 757, with another set of OldModels Kiwi markings to follow in due course.

And a pair of Zipper-pull earrings for my Sister as a gag Christmas present.  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 02, 2023, 03:31:58 PMI did have the Valom one but I always thought it over scale so sold it on some months back. 

Far out Lee ? Asks he with 2 in the stash  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

The fuselage is big. Much bigger than the TF4.  Can't really explain it but it just never looked right.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Another nice score on eBay.  A collection of vacform Luft 46 stuff with a Huma Triebflugel in with it.  All for 12.50 and post free.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Got home today to find various items behind the door

From the Tornado SIG

3 x 1/72 Sea Eagle Packs, each pack contains Two Sea Eagles complete with mounting adaptor for the Missile to aircraft underfuselage pylon. Each also comes with a free Bell Hop's trolly, sans wheels unfortunatly  :-\

If the adaptors are correct for the Buccaneer then two packs will be going on one of thse, otherwise they will end up on a TSR.2

1 x 1/72 Nose Cone GR.1
1 x 1/72 LRMTS
1 x 1/72 FLIR
1 x 1/72 Mauser Muzzle. 6 in a pack coz they is tiny and the carpet monster is hungry.

From Aerocraft

2 x 1/72 F-4K/M exhausts

From ebay

1 x 1/72 Fantasy Printshop AIRfile Decals FPAF 72-001 32 markings for Single Seat Hunters. Mainly bought for Hunters but the Squadron Markings will go on any fighter type.

From DJ Parkings

1 x 1/72 Flightpath Hawker Hunter Access Ladder & FOD Guard set FP-72-060c For one of the Hunters I am building

From Jadlam Raceing

1 x 1/72 eduard Zoom SS658 Phantom FRG.2 etch set

Gondor

Edit: Just found out that in all probability the adaptors are the same as used on the Buccaneer so I am now torn between fitting them to either a Bucc or a TSR.2
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....