My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Buy another set for TSR2. Simples.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 03, 2023, 08:35:27 AMBuy another set for TSR2. Simples.

Already thought of that, though the TSR.2 is more likly to be finished first so it get's first dibs on the Sea Eagles and another pair will be bought for the Bucc.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Accidental Loggie

Or, go for Spey Phantom's idea of using magnets for payloads so that you can change things that dangle  :wacko:
Converte et subvertere

Gondor

Quote from: Accidental Loggie on November 03, 2023, 11:26:37 AMOr, go for Spey Phantom's idea of using magnets for payloads so that you can change things that dangle  :wacko:

Can't do that as these are 3D printed solid items.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Spey_Phantom

new online order:

-Revell 1/144 Alpha jet 50th anniversary
-Revell 1/144 Bombardier CL604 Challenger
-Heller 1/72 Morane-Saulnier MS.406
-Mistercraft 1/72 Bloch MB-152
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

An AML Heinkel He 46 for my Spanish collection has just been snagged on eBay.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 03, 2023, 04:42:23 AMThe fuselage is big. Much bigger than the TF4.  Can't really explain it but it just never looked right.

Ah. I shall compare it against one of the TF 4's in the stash.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Valom's TF4 Firebrand is an absolute beauty only let down by the decals.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 04, 2023, 01:35:21 AMValom's TF4 Firebrand is an absolute beauty only let down by the decals.

I built the Magna one years ago as a BPF aircraft, always surprised by how big it was.

Think I'll dig a TF4 out for a post Telford build. Cheers Lee  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Liberated a pair of AZ Heinkel He 162s from Uncle Frank, a C that's been there for a while and the new pulsejet version.  The fuselage and plastic bits are there for the two seater but no longer canopy.

However, the single seater is wrong in that it's the same length as the A, whereas the B was to have been longer to carry more fuel.  My suggestion would be to build the two seater as a single, blanking off the rear cockpit for the extra fuel.

Given the spares in the AZ 162s, there's a great deal of scope for mix and match.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 04, 2023, 01:44:28 AMI built the Magna one years ago as a BPF aircraft, always surprised by how big it was.

As I may be the only one here who's seen a real 1:1 scale Firebrand, they're GINORMOUS!  :o  I didn't believe it was a single seater until the matelots from the RNVR NASs at Benson showed me. Quite what Blackburn intended the FAA to use the rest of the fuselage for defeats me!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Just received from House of Hobbies

1 x 1/72 Airfix Blackburn Buccaneer A06022A. Ok it's the Desert Storm boxing but I could not find the instruction sheet on-line to see how they were fitting the chaff/flare packs to the wing pylons and I wanted another Bucc anyway.

Gondor

Old Wombat

On their way:

1 x ICM Models 1/35 German Military Truck Unimog S 404 (ICM 35135) - a 404 'Mog to add to my 3 x Revell Unimog 2t milgl kits (I may need to get another ;) )
1 x Greenstrawberry 1/35 QuadroCopter Auxiliary Military Spy Drone Full Resin kit (GSY-135003) - modern warfare, what can I say?

[PS: The Revell 'Mog is the Unimog UL1700L built by Daimler-Benz.]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

killnoizer

... these old Unimog is amazing SLOW . 
And no room in the front for my legs .

Got a dozen+ catches last weekend from the club , and from friends their at the yearly exhibition .

These are just a handfull left in the car ...

You cannot view this attachment.

Also two old dornier walruss ,  a U2 , another of that eastern bombers , a lot of rockets and drop tanks , decals and so on and on .
Just building a NCC 1701 Enterprise,
 without A or B ...   😁

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/