My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Snaffled a few more things off eBay
Italeri Caproni CA 211 - inline engined version with the stepped nose. Spain
Heller Heinkel He 112B - one of several planned Yugoslav ones.  I do like the idea of a Persian one, but try getting hold of ww2 era Persian roundels...
Huma Klemm Kl 35 - possibly r/w Czech. Or possibly Spain.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 03, 2023, 04:02:48 PMSnaffled a few more things off eBay

Heller Heinkel He 112B - one of several planned Yugoslav ones.  I do like the idea of a Persian one, but try getting hold of ww2 era Persian roundels...

Interesting, i won one of those on ebay yesterday... :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

I've several of the superior R/S kit, but the Heller one is easier to just throw together.
And Yugoslavia did look at buying the type, but vacillation on the part of the RLM scuppered the deal.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Forgot the Airmodel He 111B/F conversion I won last night.  That makes a G so much easier.  Still need to get some spare Ju 86E/K radial nacelles but I may have something else I can chop up.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

At the London Model Show yesterday with Nick and Kitbasher  :thumbsup:  picked up a 1/48, yes 1/48 scale Airfix Hawker Sea Fury, a new razor saw and blades, some super glue and some reading matter. Got the 1/48 kit as I want to see if it's any easier to build given my various "conditions" ? We shall see  :rolleyes:

Massive pub lunch, wonderful lamb, but I think I'm still trying to digest it, it was that big  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

received from a well know auction site today

1 x 1/72 Freightdog Models FSD72019 EE/BAC Canberra In RAF Service

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 04, 2023, 02:10:04 AMI've several of the superior R/S kit, but the Heller one is easier to just throw together.
And Yugoslavia did look at buying the type, but vacillation on the part of the RLM scuppered the deal.

I've also been looking at that kit so i may end up getting one. :thumbsup:

Received today from The48ers...
1X Quinta Studios 1/48 F-20 cockpit set for Freedom models kit
1X CAT4 1/48 DEFA 30mm cannons for Ar... Portuguese A-4Ms... :wacko:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

TBH there's little to choose between the two. Heller is cheaper but RS has better detail, albeit fiddly,  and more recent boxings have injection canopies.  The cockpit is further forward in the Heller, but I'm not sure which is correct.

My advice?  Heller for a quick build, RS for detail.  Some boxings of the latter have a resin Jumo 210 engine for open cowl fun, and there are two further boxings for DB601 engined prototypes.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 04, 2023, 06:23:38 AMAt the London Model Show yesterday with Nick and Kitbasher  :thumbsup:  picked up a 1/48, yes 1/48 scale Airfix Hawker Sea Fury, a new razor saw and blades, some super glue and some reading matter. Got the 1/48 kit as I want to see if it's any easier to build given my various "conditions" ? We shall see  :rolleyes:

Massive pub lunch, wonderful lamb, but I think I'm still trying to digest it, it was that big  :angel:
Chris welcome to the world of the right scale   :wacko:  :wacko:
Will be much easier to build that's for certain..also means s ton more detail..pretty sure I've got a Sea Fury 🤔
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 04, 2023, 01:26:17 PMTBH there's little to choose between the two. Heller is cheaper but RS has better detail, albeit fiddly,  and more recent boxings have injection canopies.  The cockpit is further forward in the Heller, but I'm not sure which is correct.

My advice?  Heller for a quick build, RS for detail.  Some boxings of the latter have a resin Jumo 210 engine for open cowl fun, and there are two further boxings for DB601 engined prototypes.

Thanks, Lee!  :thumbsup:
I have to decide if the RS kit will be worth what is being asked for it on ebay cause, to me, it's just one of those planes that i like but it's far from a favorite. I'll take a good look at the Heller kit and see if i really need another one.

The Wooksta!

Have ironically obtained another Heller He 112 on eBay... cackles maniacally, knowing the intended Yugoslav aircraft are now doable.  Just need two more for Finland and a Dutch example.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Got a re-directed parcel from the Big H today, with a new tool KP Spitfire PRXI (for an RW build) and an Eduard masking set for a Meteor T7.

The later should save LOTS of swearing for painting the Shrimp T3's canopy!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The postie just delivered a parcel from Airmodel in Germany (10 day turnaround, which is better than some UK eBay sellers can manage) containing a Ju 288 V-4 and a He 219B conversion.  The latter has longer outer wing panels and that's one component of an He 219 project I've been planning for a while.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Arrived today and bought for future projects.

1 x 1/35 Accurate Armour A170 Centurion Fuel Cap Set 4 x Units
1 x 1/35 Accurate Armour T74 Centurion 20" Op' Sentry Replacement Track

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

Received today from BAM models in France, the anniversary special edition of the F-15SG conversion set. This one is for the Revell kit because the sets specific for the Academy kit are not available but i don't think that it's hard to adapt this to any other kit.
Worst case scenario is having to buy a Revell kit to use this on so, no big issue there. ;D