My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Phill, that Bandai BMW is somewhere in the region of 'Biggish', if that term means anything to you?  ;)

Nice kit, but the boxing I had was showing it's age. Or maybe it was me not knowing too much about anything like that, back then...

And did I mention it's kind of 'Largeish'?

Fred mentioned once there is a shop in Oz where you can purchase the same sort of tubing by the metre... just in case.

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 21, 2023, 07:38:34 PMPhill, that Bandai BMW is somewhere in the region of 'Biggish', if that term means anything to you?  ;)

Nice kit, but the boxing I had was showing it's age. Or maybe it was me not knowing too much about anything like that, back then...

And did I mention it's kind of 'Largeish'?

Fred mentioned once there is a shop in Oz where you can purchase the same sort of tubing by the metre... just in case.
Mate here's a shock for ya ..this is now the 4th one of these ive had ..3 bikes and one sidecar version..im extremely familiar with these.
The last one was a right wreck..missing multiple parts which I had to scratch build like the head light and handle bars ..it was missing the saddle bags so I turned it into a Cafe racer  ;D
The Triumph is even bigger but tomorrow that's gonna be on its way to it's soonish to be new home  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

I've got a recent repop of the Italeri 1/9 Zundap KS750 combination in my stash.  That builds up to a fair sized model.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Eventually another ev!lbay win: a vintage Airfix 1:72 Provost T.5/BAC Strikemaster.

Earmarked to become part of the Guyana Defence Force Air Wing in the Seventies.  :mellow: 

Pellson

Having been looking for another Heller Lansen for a while, I have noticed that they've become a bit pricey. However, someone bundled a Lansen with an old Revell Catalina mk IIA and a Hasegawa weapons kit. Interestingly, that seemed to scare people off, so I got the lot for a song.

The question now is whether to build something out of that Catalina or just sell it on..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Just received in the post from eBay

1 x 1/72 Freightdog Models 72043 Hawker Hunter T.7 Improvement set.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on December 22, 2023, 05:51:16 AMHaving been looking for another Heller Lansen for a while, I have noticed that they've become a bit pricey. However, someone bundled a Lansen with an old Revell Catalina mk IIA and a Hasegawa weapons kit. Interestingly, that seemed to scare people off, so I got the lot for a song.

The question now is whether to build something out of that Catalina or just sell it on..

If you can afford it, build the Catalina as a double act with your son; either OOB or with "embellishments"...........and post the results here, please.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on December 22, 2023, 01:08:12 AMI've got a recent repop of the Italeri 1/9 Zundap KS750 combination in my stash.  That builds up to a fair sized model.

That's not a bad kit Fred ...and as ya said..big ...at one point I wanted to build another R75/sidecar combo but I think common sense got the better of me  ;D  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Snaffled another Ju 290 on eBay, this being the later boxing with the glazed nose and Hs 293s.

Think I need one more 290...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pellson

Quote from: Rheged on December 22, 2023, 08:39:55 AM
Quote from: Pellson on December 22, 2023, 05:51:16 AMHaving been looking for another Heller Lansen for a while, I have noticed that they've become a bit pricey. However, someone bundled a Lansen with an old Revell Catalina mk IIA and a Hasegawa weapons kit. Interestingly, that seemed to scare people off, so I got the lot for a song.

If you can afford it, build the Catalina as a double act with your son; either OOB or with "embellishments"...........and post the results here, please.

Perhaps. I think I'll have to take him to the Air Force Museum to see the preserved one.

Wardukw

Just won a auction for a  set of 1/35 Trumpeter KV/IS/JS WWII Individual Track Links with pins.
All for $14 bucks..great stuff  ;D  ;D

These are perfect for my JS2 ive got with crap flexible plastic tracks.

zenrat

Which weapons set?  I can visualise a vietnam era Canberra strike gunship.  ;D

Quote from: Wardukw on December 22, 2023, 08:47:40 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 22, 2023, 01:08:12 AMI've got a recent repop of the Italeri 1/9 Zundap KS750 combination in my stash.  That builds up to a fair sized model.

That's not a bad kit Fred ...and as ya said..big ...at one point I wanted to build another R75/sidecar combo but I think common sense got the better of me  ;D  ;D

My Uncle had, in a display case in his lounge room, the Italeri 1/9 R75 BMW DAK combo and a same scale (Protar?) BMW racing sidecar.  I used to drool over them aa a kid.

I got one of these today from HLJ (their shipping sale made it a good price). Just a Nissan minivan but its got a good shape which called out to me.
And I do have a resin ZF transaxle and modern Hemi in my stash...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2023, 04:07:05 AM

Quote from: Wardukw on December 22, 2023, 08:47:40 AM

My Uncle had, in a display case in his lounge room, the Italeri 1/9 R75 BMW DAK combo and a same scale (Protar?) BMW racing sidecar.  I used to drool over them aa a kid.

I got one of these today from HLJ (their shipping sale made it a good price). Just a Nissan minivan but its got a good shape which called out to me.

Friends of mine have a 1/1 scale one if those, they say its loads better than the Volkswaggon transporter they had.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2023, 04:07:05 AMI got one of these today from HLJ (their shipping sale made it a good price). Just a Nissan minivan but its got a good shape which called out to me.

With the Hemi in the back perhaps?

Shades of the Ford Transit Supervan series.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2023, 04:07:05 AM

The X73-2 air-to-air set. But sure, a Catalina sporting AIM-120's..  ;D