My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: Pellson on December 23, 2023, 07:33:01 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2023, 04:07:05 AM
Quote from: Pellson on December 22, 2023, 05:51:16 AMHaving been looking for another Heller Lansen for a while, I have noticed that they've become a bit pricey. However, someone bundled a Lansen with an old Revell Catalina mk IIA and a Hasegawa weapons kit. Interestingly, that seemed to scare people off, so I got the lot for a song.

The question now is whether to build something out of that Catalina or just sell it on..

Which weapons set?  I can visualise a vietnam era Canberra strike gunship.  ;D

The X73-2 air-to-air set. But sure, a Catalina sporting AIM-120's..  ;D

Handy for dealing with Emilies and Mavises (Mavi?)  Sidewinders are better for the Zeros.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2023, 04:07:05 AM
Quote from: Pellson on December 22, 2023, 05:51:16 AMHaving been looking for another Heller Lansen for a while, I have noticed that they've become a bit pricey. However, someone bundled a Lansen with an old Revell Catalina mk IIA and a Hasegawa weapons kit. Interestingly, that seemed to scare people off, so I got the lot for a song.

The question now is whether to build something out of that Catalina or just sell it on..

Which weapons set?  I can visualise a vietnam era Canberra strike gunship.  ;D

Quote from: Wardukw on December 22, 2023, 08:47:40 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 22, 2023, 01:08:12 AMI've got a recent repop of the Italeri 1/9 Zundap KS750 combination in my stash.  That builds up to a fair sized model.

That's not a bad kit Fred ...and as ya said..big ...at one point I wanted to build another R75/sidecar combo but I think common sense got the better of me  ;D  ;D

My Uncle had, in a display case in his lounge room, the Italeri 1/9 R75 BMW DAK combo and a same scale (Protar?) BMW racing sidecar.  I used to drool over them aa a kid.

I got one of these today from HLJ (their shipping sale made it a good price). Just a Nissan minivan but its got a good shape which called out to me.
And I do have a resin ZF transaxle and modern Hemi in my stash...

Mate I think might be surprised at how non mini this van is ..we've got the real thing all over the place here and small isn't really a word I would use .
Which makes life easier for ya to stuff a Hemi into it  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Just scored a strange one..a Revell 1/35 M1A1 Abrams Snap Tite.
Never seen a 35th snap tite Abrams and since I needed a set of drive sprockets for a Abrams $30 works for me very nicely 😀
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 23, 2023, 05:48:32 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2023, 04:07:05 AMI got one of these today from HLJ (their shipping sale made it a good price). Just a Nissan minivan but its got a good shape which called out to me.

With the Hemi in the back perhaps?

Shades of the Ford Transit Supervan series.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

That is what i was thinking.  Yes.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on December 24, 2023, 05:01:01 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 23, 2023, 05:48:32 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2023, 04:07:05 AMI got one of these today from HLJ (their shipping sale made it a good price). Just a Nissan minivan but its got a good shape which called out to me.

With the Hemi in the back perhaps?

Shades of the Ford Transit Supervan series.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

That is what i was thinking.  Yes.
DO IT !!!!!!   Supervan would look incredible Fred 😍 😁😁😁

Now even tho it's xmas day here and I don't get gifts from pretty much anyone it's does seem my luck is still working.
Been watching a Tamiya 61017 1/48 Nishikisuisen (Rufe) on trademe for like a month trying to decide if I wanted it or not..price wasn't the issue either at only $31nz so it wasn't expensive.
Well I got a email from trademe that the seller had dropped the price down to $20nz...guess what I decided 🙃 😅 😅

Rick Lowe

That your stash was big enough already and you didn't need it? ;)

Yeah, Nah...  ;D

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 24, 2023, 10:32:25 PMThat your stash was big enough already and you didn't need it? ;)

Yeah, Nah...  ;D
😄😄😄😄
There's always a space Rick even when there ain't any left  :wacko:

kitbasher

Quote from: Wardukw on December 24, 2023, 11:19:17 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 24, 2023, 10:32:25 PMThat your stash was big enough already and you didn't need it? ;)

Yeah, Nah...  ;D
😄😄😄😄
There's always a space Rick even when there ain't any left  :wacko:

😂😂😂

True.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Spey_Phantom

just before christmas, i placed an order for new raw building materials (ABS styrene girders and L-profiles),
and i also ordered a Revell 1/144 Airbus A300-600ST Beluga, to be my last stash addition for this year.  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on December 24, 2023, 11:19:17 PMThere's always a space Rick even when there ain't any left  :wacko:

That could become the Wiffer's motto  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Spey_Phantom on December 25, 2023, 01:58:32 AMand i also ordered a Revell 1/144 Airbus A300-600ST Beluga, to be my last stash addition for this year.  :thumbsup:

A very nice kit, and a LOT of plastic for your money!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Yeah, Nah...  ;D

Will any of us ever think like that? Don't think so...  ;D I have most of what i want/need but somehow, there's always something else...  :rolleyes:
Take this for example: i don't do many real world subjects but i've recently decided i want to do all of my favorite Portuguese AF fighters in 1/48 scale...
I already had a T-38, F-16 and Alpha Jet so i decided it was time and ordered the Hasegawa 1/48 A-7D/E Corsair II and F-86F-40 Sabre... :angel:
The Sabre is the exact version for the PoAF machines and has AIM-9s and respective pylons/launchers.  :thumbsup:
A-7 is not the same as the PoAF had which were A-7As, modernized with E/D avionics and engine and designated A-7P. There used to be a company selling a resin conversion set but that's OOP and very rare so, i may end up just doing it as a whiff, finished like the real ones and say it was one of a handful A-7Es bought by Portugal in the late 1980s to replace A-7P airframes lost in accidents. ;D
Was also lucky to find a Tamiya 1/48 P-47M at a good price with the buy it now option on ebay. Not exactly a P-47D-30 but has everything needed for one in the box. :mellow:   
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

I for one will probably go to my grave thinking "It's just one more, and it's really cheap - I'll find a use for it some time!"

WRT the A-7s, that's exactly what we did when we purchased the Aussie A-4s... the main fleet were Ks and the ex-Oz were Gs.

So, real-world precedent.

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 25, 2023, 05:03:34 PMI for one will probably go to my grave thinking "It's just one more, and it's really cheap - I'll find a use for it some time!"

In this case matey I've had an idea for a float plane for a while now and I knew I'd need a float plane for this idea ..the issue was which plane I have to use for it ..then it clicked and the timing couldn't have been better for the discount..this one I think ive never seen before done but knowing all these blokes here it's possible it has been .
It's a Hawker Tempest MK V float plane .

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 25, 2023, 05:03:34 PMI for one will probably go to my grave thinking "It's just one more, and it's really cheap - I'll find a use for it some time!"

WRT the A-7s, that's exactly what we did when we purchased the Aussie A-4s... the main fleet were Ks and the ex-Oz were Gs.

So, real-world precedent.

;D Same here! We are shameless... :rolleyes:  ;D
Funny that you mention the A-4, that was another one of the alternatives offered by the US when the PoAF was studying the available options for the available budget. That's why i have a couple of A-4Ms in the stash... :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"