My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on December 25, 2023, 08:45:23 PMIt's a Hawker Tempest MK V float plane .

Now that's an interesting thought.  Single float plus outriggers or twin float ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

I'm very seldom surprised with Christmas presents anymore but this one took me be surprise, that's for sure. Apparently I'd used an old Hannant's bag to transport some cards in etc and knowing I liked models the lady in question used the website address on the bag to check the site out. As Airfix was the one name she recognised she looked at new arrivals and bought me this, and no I hadn't used that bag on purpose, it just happened to serendipitously be the correct size.  ;D

It's a hell of a beast  :o

You cannot view this attachment.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Snaffled a Junkers G24 off eBay. Thinking either Iranian or RAF captured in Iran.  The latter is more likely as getting Iranian pre WW2 markings is marginally less unlikely than Sunderland AFC in a Champions League final.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2023, 05:58:39 AMI'm very seldom surprised with Christmas presents anymore but this one took me be surprise, that's for sure. Apparently I'd used an old Hannant's bag to transport some cards in etc and knowing I liked models the lady in question used the website address on the bag to check the site out. As Airfix was the one name she recognised she looked at new arrivals and bought me this, and no I hadn't used that bag on purpose, it just happened to serendipitously be the correct size.  ;D

I'm following a build on Britmodeller, he is using intitles 'Olsen's Standard Book of British Birds' - Airfix 1/48 Fairey Gannet AS.1/AS.4

He is in places using something called Tungsten putty to healp with the problem of getting enough weight forward of the main wheels to stop it being a tail sitter.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2023, 05:58:39 AMI'm very seldom surprised with Christmas presents anymore but this one took me be surprise, that's for sure. Apparently I'd used an old Hannant's bag to transport some cards in etc and knowing I liked models the lady in question used the website address on the bag to check the site out. As Airfix was the one name she recognised she looked at new arrivals and bought me this, and no I hadn't used that bag on purpose, it just happened to serendipitously be the correct size.  ;D

We were talking about you moving up to 1/48 scale last time we met. Now you have a good reason to try it out!

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2023, 05:53:53 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on December 25, 2023, 08:45:23 PMIt's a Hawker Tempest MK V float plane .

Now that's an interesting thought.  Single float plus outriggers or twin float ?
Single float with out riggers Chris...I'll probably have to lengthen the Zeros float as im pretty sure the Tempest is bigger than the zero  :wacko:
Gonna have to widen it to mes thinking 🤔.  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Snaffled a rarity on eBay, although the postage is the sting in the tail. Classic Plane Junkers Ju 160 airliner.  I think most were impressed into the Luftwaffe as couriers, so mine will naturally be an RAF comms airceaft in post war Germany.  See also Heinkel He 70.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Quote from: Nick on December 26, 2023, 08:06:30 AM

We were talking about you moving up to 1/48 scale last time we met. Now you have a good reason to try it out!

Will go nicely with your Sea Fury, Chris.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

killnoizer

Mrs. Killnoizer got a sweet double pack for Christmas ... NOS with original American air from 1977 in the sealed bags .

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Rick Lowe

Oh, nice score!  :thumbsup:

You could, of course, keep it for the resale value of the pre-Covid air inside... though the smog and ciggie smoke taint would cancel that out...  ;D

McColm

I've won a Temu mystery pallet, good luck to the delivery driver they have four flights of stairs!
I've ordered the Airfix quick build London Taxi from eBay, from the reviews that I have read and watched on YouTube it's not a bad model provided the plastic isn't scratched.
Just bought a 00 gauge Hornby Thomas the tank engine and two naughty carriages clockwork train set from eBay, bargain price. I'm sure that the seller is unaware of the price to a collector.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on December 26, 2023, 08:06:30 AMWe were talking about you moving up to 1/48 scale last time we met. Now you have a good reason to try it out!

I now have 4 1/48th kits and a 1/32nd shock horror  :angel: