My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Quote from: Wardukw on December 26, 2023, 10:29:11 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2023, 05:53:53 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on December 25, 2023, 08:45:23 PMIt's a Hawker Tempest MK V float plane .

Now that's an interesting thought.  Single float plus outriggers or twin float ?
Single float with out riggers Chris...I'll probably have to lengthen the Zeros float as im pretty sure the Tempest is bigger than the zero  :wacko:
Gonna have to widen it to mes thinking 🤔.  ;D
Lengthen, widen and deepen a lot, you'd basically have to double the volume. Even the float from an N1K1 Kyofu would be too small.
Empty weights:
A6M2-N, 4,235 lbs
Tempest V, 9,000 lbs
N1K1, 6,067 lbs

McColm

Two more 1/72 kits from eBay;
Airfix Boeing UH-46 Sea Knight with Swedish decals and the larger sponsors
Boeing V-22 Osprey

Wardukw

Quote from: jcf on December 27, 2023, 12:10:00 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on December 25, 2023, 08:45:23 PMIt's a Hawker Tempest MK V float plane .

Now that's an interesting thought.  Single float plus outriggers or twin float ?
Single float  out riggers Chris...I'll probably have to lengthen the Zeros float as im pretty sure the Tempest is bigger than the zero  :wacko:
Lengthen, widen and deepen a lot, you'd basically have to double the volume. Even the float from an N1K1 Kyofu would be too small.
Empty weights:
A6M2-N, 4,235 lbs
Tempest V, 9,000 lbs
N1K1, 6,067 lbs

Jon mate ..im liking this one 👌 👍
Building from a existing shape makes life far easier..im gonna try and build a float from scratch..no guarantees tho 😆
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on December 27, 2023, 08:11:28 PM
Quote from: jcf on December 27, 2023, 12:10:00 PM

Single float  out riggers Chris...I'll probably have to lengthen the Zeros float as im pretty sure the Tempest is bigger than the zero  :wacko:
Empty weights:
A6M2-N, 4,235 lbs
Tempest V, 9,000 lbs
N1K1, 6,067 lbs

Jon mate ..im liking this one 👌 👍
Building from a existing shape makes life far easier..im gonna try and build a float from scratch..no guarantees tho 😆

If I was going to try to scratch build a float i'd try to find a downloadable paper model I could re-scale to give me the shapes I needed.

Final score on birthday/xmas stash additions is as follows;
Hobby Boss 1/48 Pzkpfw iv Ausf F2.
AMT (ex Lindberg) 1/25 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442.
AFV Club F-5E ROCAF Tiger II Eggplanes (two in the box).
Revell (ex Monogram) 1/24 1972 Plymouth GTX (Fast & Furious boxing).
Black Dog 1/72 PT Boat Accessories set for Revell kit.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Arrived today and quite quickly all things considered, Modelsvit Suchoi S-32 MK Hybrid. This, when eventually built will go with my Nicaraguan cartel air force, and be a sort of double wiff, as it didn't make it into service, and the cartel airforce is non existent too. Also ordered 2 other kits, K.P. SU-17/22 UM and RS models Messerschmitt P 1107.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Old Wombat

I weakened & bought a small batch of small things as my final purchase for 2023 (which will be the first parcel received in 2024);

2 x DEF Model 1/35 British Scout car Ferret Mk.2 Sagged Wheel set for Airfix kits (DEF-DW35167) - Why 2 sets when I don't even have the Ferret to put them on? Good question! Guess I'll have to buy 2 Ferrets when they become available again to find out.
1 x DEF Model 1/35 US M38A1 1/4t Utility Truck Sagged Wheels Set for AFV Club AF35S17/AF35S19 [5 wheels] (DEF-DW35075) - I have about 4 or 5 kits based on the M-38 & these are better than the rubber tyres that they come with.
1 x DEF Model 1/35 Modern Female Photographer - Diana (DEF-DF35017) - Another journalist/reporter figure to find a place for in a diorama.
1 x HS Models 1/350 7m Rigid Infantable Boat (HSM-U350085S) - It really should be Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat [RHIB]; to accessorise my modern 1/350 ships.
1 x HS Models 1/350 11m Naval Special Warfare RIB (HSM-U350087S) - Same as above.
1 x HS Models 1/350 11m Rigid Infantable Boat (HSM-U350086S) - Same as above.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 28, 2023, 05:30:00 AM2 x DEF Model 1/35 British Scout car Ferret Mk.2 Sagged Wheel set for Airfix kits (DEF-DW35167) - Why 2 sets when I don't even have the Ferret to put them on? Good question! Guess I'll have to buy 2 Ferrets when they become available again to find out.

Completely logical  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 28, 2023, 05:30:00 AM2 x DEF Model 1/35 British Scout car Ferret Mk.2 Sagged Wheel set for Airfix kits (DEF-DW35167) - Why 2 sets when I don't even have the Ferret to put them on? Good question! Guess I'll have to buy 2 Ferrets when they become available again to find out.

Will save you ferreting about for them later  ;D  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kerick

I just ordered a decal sheet off evil bay. JASDF F-4EJ in 1/72. Enough for two aircraft although the stenciling looks like enough for three. It's for the F-104 + Viggen. Maybe I'll get it painted by the time the sheet arrives from Hong Kong.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Just received direct from Airmodel Products

1 x 1/72 Airmodel AM-261 R4D-8
1 x 1/72 Airmodel AM-6045 Bf 109 E/F/G/K FuG Antennas

The last because the R4D-8 by itself was under their minimum order value.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Rheged

I  was in Hereford Hobbycraft looking for something else entirely;  I found a few kit boxes that had been  crushed and reduced.  I ended up with an Academy 1/72 Spad that may well end up as RNAS  and a Star Wars (allegedly 1/51)  Snow Speeder  that could become a Royal Marine fast assault craft.  They only wanted £2 each for them and since all the box contents seemed OK  I'll take this as a win.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 28, 2023, 03:58:37 PM
Quote from: Gondor on December 28, 2023, 09:29:22 AMWill save you ferreting about for them later  ;D  :rolleyes:

Coat? Hat?

Not planning on going out so I don't need them right now  ;D   :angel:

Gondor

Leading Observer

An unexpected Birthday present from my brother - the 1/72 Xtrakit Sea Vixen FAW 2/D3
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures