My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 28, 2023, 05:45:29 AM
Quote from: Pellson on February 28, 2023, 02:36:35 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 27, 2023, 04:12:47 PMForgot the main reason for this post... Arrived today...  :wub:

Ooh! Nice!!  :wub:

It is indeed! :thumbsup: The kit looks great in the box, too. Resin and PE bits, nice decals. and it's not an expensive kit for what you get. Obviously, assembly will show if it's as good as it looks but, i don't care cause the Firebrand comes into my top 5 fighters list with a radial engine. I actually put the Firebrand in the same league as the Goodyear F2G Corsair when it comes to looks and both are similar and i find it hard to choose one of the two...  :wub:

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 28, 2023, 04:50:37 AMMy pair were the mk 4 and the earlier scheme TF5. TBH, I'd like that boxing, if only for the decals but Valom rarely get them right.

Lee, i won't be using most of the decals, if you want them, they're yours.  :thumbsup:

The only ones i'd like to keep are just the stencils. those would be number 3,4,5,6,,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16. I'll probably end up building this as a Portuguese Naval Aviation bird, flying off a WWII surplus carrier bought after the war's end. I normally use the kit's decals sheet for stencils and change the country's markings only so that's why i'd like to keep the numbers i've mentioned.
Let me know if you want them like that and i'll send them your way. :mellow:

If Lee doesn't take them I will  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 28, 2023, 05:59:43 AMI built a Magna Firebrand years ago and must admit was surprised by how big it is.

The Firebrand's a BIG aeroplane!

The RNVR Southern Air Wing had the very last one as a mascot at RAF Benson when I lived there in 1957. The Firebrand, a TFV I think, lived outside the hanger most of the time, and it TOWERED over the Sea Hawks and Attackers of the two RNVR Sqns there.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 28, 2023, 07:10:59 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 28, 2023, 05:59:43 AMI built a Magna Firebrand years ago and must admit was surprised by how big it is.

The Firebrand's a BIG aeroplane!

The RNVR Southern Air Wing had the very last one as a mascot at RAF Benson when I lived there in 1957. The Firebrand, a TFV I think, lived outside the hanger most of the time, and it TOWERED over the Sea Hawks and Attackers of the two RNVR Sqns there.  :o

Yeah, i also noticed that by the wingspan, reminded me of the Boeing XF8F. Still, the Firebrand gives me the impression that it is indeed taller than the XF8F.
BTW, just found a thread on Britmodeller about the 1/48 Clear Prop models kit, which was also supposed to be done in 1/72... Now, a modern kit of a 1/48 Firebrand would be great but seems like it is taking longer than expected to get the kit out in the market. There is a photo of the sprues on Clear Prop models Facebook page from 2022 but no news after that... :-\
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

The XF8 is bigger than Firebrand.

Combat Models have reworked and revised the 48th Magna kit.  A word with Colin at Freightdog may help.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

After a little confusion from the Post Office I received from ebay

1 x 1/72 Airfix 05081 Martin B-57B/RB-57E Canberra. The idea is to follow a build of Britmodeller where someone is turning said kit into a Canberra PR3/7 with the aid of a Replacement Aeroclub nose. The nose he has is the one peice version while I have the two peice vac-form version  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Ironically, I have an original Airfix Cranberry nose sans glazing and internals.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

From HLJ I got this.

V-33 Stork Carrier - Bandai 1:72 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

It's a tilt engine mobile suit carrier but has oodles of whifftential.  Troop carrier?  Flying crane?  Skycab?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

LOL, I recently ordered one, too! Not certain if I will ever build it, but it is a nice complement to a Dougram "Mavellic" (actually "Maverick"  ;) ) transport helicopter, which is also intended to (and actually can) carry mecha. The Stork Carrier here is similar.

zenrat

I looked at those as well.  Didn't like the design as much as the V-33.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

The Mavellic is pretty pointless, as almost half of the rotor downwash is blocked by the wide hull. But you can hang a giant robot under it (it actually works!), of which I have some at hand...  ;D

However, I also wonder about the Stork's engine power, if it is able to lift itself and a (albeit leightweight) mecha underneath? But the Dropship-esque look makes the purchase probably worth.

zenrat

While i'll obviously see if it hooks up to any of my 1/144 Gundams i'm pretty sure i'll be whiffing it.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 01, 2023, 03:45:00 AMWhile i'll obviously see if it hooks up to any of my 1/144 Gundams i'm pretty sure i'll be whiffing it.

But isn't it a Whiff already ? Asks Chris who has no idea what Gundams are ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on March 01, 2023, 03:45:00 AMWhile i'll obviously see if it hooks up to any of my 1/144 Gundams i'm pretty sure i'll be whiffing it.

Lots of potential!  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 28, 2023, 07:10:59 AMThe RNVR Southern Air Wing had the very last one as a mascot at RAF Benson when I lived there in 1957.

I hope you took it for a walk every day ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.