My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

The 1/48 was cheaper?  :o

What's that all about?  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Dropped into Hannants on Sunday for some paint and the chance to browse for new kits.

All I came out with was a jar of Tamiya Cockpit Green for the Spitfire I'm working on.

kerick

Are you not feeling well? No money left after paying off your bookie?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Nick

Quote from: kerick on March 06, 2023, 09:14:57 AMAre you not feeling well? No money left after paying off your bookie?

I have too many part built kits on the go to risk getting another one and adding to my stress levels!  ;D

The Rat

Just picked up an Airfix DHC-2 Beaver, because it's a LEGEND!  :thumbsup:  Workhorse of the Canadian north, and many still flying there, usually on floats.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

Quote from: The Rat on March 06, 2023, 11:47:54 AMJust picked up an Airfix DHC-2 Beaver, because it's a LEGEND!  :thumbsup:  Workhorse of the Canadian north, and many still flying there, usually on floats.

A Turbo Beaver huh huh huh ???  ;D  :wacko:
It's a damn good looking plane with a turbo prop and floats .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Took delivery of the KPM Ava S-99 earlier.  The spare markings are earmarked for a Heller K or perhaps an Me 209A.

Ordered an EE P.12 Canberra from Freightdog. It'll go on a Matchbox Cranberry, but I'm thinking goldfish rather than offset canopy.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 06, 2023, 12:01:31 PM
Quote from: The Rat on March 06, 2023, 11:47:54 AMJust picked up an Airfix DHC-2 Beaver, because it's a LEGEND!  :thumbsup:  Workhorse of the Canadian north, and many still flying there, usually on floats.

Saw so many Beavers (inc a handful of Turbo-Beavers) on Vancouver Island in 2019, especially at Campbell River.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Wardukw

Quote from: kitbasher on March 06, 2023, 03:16:24 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 06, 2023, 12:01:31 PM

Saw so many Beavers (inc a handful of Turbo-Beavers) on Vancouver Island in 2019, especially at Campbell River.
Mate that would be a superb thing to see..ive had a model of a Beaver but it's always been one of my fav planes..I think the closest I got was a Matchbox Norseman  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Rat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 06, 2023, 03:37:30 PMI think the closest I got was a Matchbox Norseman  ;D

Still lots of those in service. One of these days I'll get up to Red Lake for the annual Norseman Festival, It's only a 21 hour drive from my place.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Norseman Festival Link
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Leading Observer

From a well known online retailer a 1/72 Trumpeter F-105D if the Crusaders get done in time, maybe an entry in the 50's GB
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

The Wooksta!

Snaffled a KPM  Ava S199 for little more than a fiver on eBay. Good kit but not a patch on the Eduard.  Very subtle whiff planned for one of these.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Parcel arrived from bungles it sale earlier today, comprising:

Magna Blackburn Firecrest
Unknown resin kit of a Fairey Fulmar.
It's actually a Battle trainer and by Final Touch.
Wings 72  Blohm und Voss Bv 137 (actually an early CMK kit)
Freightdog Swift F2/F4 conversion. The nose will be cloned as he conversion is now released by Alleycat, and I refuse to put a penny into that conman's pockets.  The F4 would have been identical to the FR5 but for the fighter nose. Any photos that say otherwise are either badly captioned or of early F4 prototypes. One of the preserved aircraft proves my point.
And finally, a Frog Triang English Electric P1A. Surprisingly, it's not covered in rivets.  That's going real.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Mossie

3x Revell/Matchbox Auto Union Type D - chassis only. A grab bag from eBay for not much money.  There's enough parts to do two full chassis with and part built one.  The seller mentioned the odd piece is missing like an exhaust and having a closer look I don't think there are any seats. The base kit looks great despite its age.

Ever since the LSR GB God-knows-how-long-ago I've fancied doing a classic racer or LSR car.  Finding parts doners has been difficult, I've finally found a kit (2 and a bit in fact) that's available and not eye-wateringly priced.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Old Wombat

Just ordered. Should be en route tomorrow:

1 x Takom Models 1/35 Northrop Grumman MQ-8B Fire Scout 1+1 (TAK2165) - 2 kits in one, what's not to like? 8)
1 x Revell Models 1/35 MAN 7T MILGL 6x6 (RV 03291) - Unarmoured version :D
1 x HobbyBoss Models 1/35 MAN LKW 7t mil gl (HB 85522) - Armoured version ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est